Weekend Chuckie and Pastrami Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Well, better late than never...here's some pics of this past weekends cooks and the installation of my new Tel-Tru therm.

I cooked two chuckies on Saturday, total weight just barely over 8lbs, using Texas BBQ Rub "Wild" and WRB and on Sunday I cooked two store bought corned beefs and magically turned them into pastrami. The sammie pic is from Monday.

The hat is the new BBQ Brethren hat...very nice embroidery. Don't worry Greg, I still love you. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll admit I screwed up the chuckie cook, I committed the cardinal sin and got impatient for them to get done and took them off too early then had to finish them off in the oven...they were still good though (but no pics). Go ahead WF Eric, you can yell at me.

Lookin very tasty Bruce and the addition of the Tel-Tru looks great, nice clean install. Glad you went with the black face, I think they look great on the WSM. I had the wife purchase a few extra corned beefs as I had to work an all nighter on Monday and missed the Saint Patty’s day fun so I’m going give them a try on the WSM when we get back from our trip. Any suggestions/tips on smoking corned beef? Thanks.

007bond-jb said:
Man that looks fine Bruce. what kinda breasd is that Boy?

Thats some of Aunt Millie's Deli Rye bread. I've never met Aunt Millie though, but I see her name on a lot of bread at the grocery store. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Toby keil said:
Lookin very tasty Bruce and the addition of the Tel-Tru looks great, nice clean install. Glad you went with the black face, I think they look great on the WSM. I had the wife purchase a few extra corned beefs as I had to work an allnighter on Monday and missed the Saint Patty’s day fun so I’m going give them a try on the WSM when we get back from our trip. Any suggestions/tips on smoking corned beef? Thanks.

I soaked mine for about 8 hours on Saturday, changing the water about every 2 hours. Then I put the rub on and wrapped them in plastic wrap and kept them in the fridge until cook time on Sunday. I cooked them at 230-245 suing lump charcoal and 1 chunk of pecan and two chunks of cherry. Took them to an internal temp of 180º then pulled and wrapped in foil and let them rest for about an hour.

I refrigerated overnight and sliced 'em up on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom