Weber Performer charcoal baskets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I just purchase a Weber Performer grill and I'm going to ask a stupid question. The charcoal baskets are great for starting up the briquets or coal but they seem like a small area for grilling if you leave the fuel in just the baskets. There wasn't any suggestions on how it all is supposed to work in the instructions.

Can someone give me a brief guide on how to best use the baskets and set up for grilling? I almost didn't post this. I feel kind of stupid asking you guys but what the heck, I'm a NOOB!

I beleve in the performer they will be in the middle when you light them. It gives a great amount of cooking area, believe it or not and it gives you an area where you can cook indirect also.

What Nick says and if you spread them out after the coals are started, put one on the right and one on the left side it gives you a rectangular area you can cook indirect in the center.

Hey thanks guys. I kind of figured it was like that but I thought I would ask the experts before my wife comes home. She doesn't know about my recent purchase and she'll be home within the hour. As Ricky tells Lucy, "Lucy - you've got some s'plainin' to do!"

Nick Prochilo said:
I beleve in the performer they will be in the middle when you light them. It gives a great amount of cooking area, believe it or not and it gives you an area where you can cook indirect also.

I agree totally!

8)

Back
Top Bottom