WEBER Kettle help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris Finney said:
Oooooo... you got blue. :!:

Awwwww! I got Black !
Home Depot had a sale for $129. I wanted Blue, did they have it? Of course not. I even asked my local Weber dealer...who was clueless.
It went kinda like this:

A what?
What color you want? Gold? ...(no, Blue) ... We have em in black only ... right over there... (No those are Smokey Joe's) ... Oh then, over here.... (No, those aren't the One Touch).... Tha whaaaa?. kthxbye ! #-o

Home Depot... 15 minutes. Got it ! =D> =D>

good looking yard bird! I love my kettle...bought it March I think and I've fired it up about 40 times. Since I got it, I think I've lit my gasser once.

Dang you Bill I went all the way over there to get the link and when I came back you'd beat me to it!

Anyway, I got the 221/2 Gold. That's the only choice...the ash cleanup is fabulous. I'll be durned if I'm gonna pay more for the gas ignition system too.

Just go for the gold!!!!!

Smokehouse said:
Niagra
Both the Silver and the Gold have the "one-touch" feature (whatever that is).
Sorry 'bout that..Let me clarify... The "One-Touch" is that little handle that you slide back and forth which moves the ashes back and forth so they fall through the holes...The Gold has the ash catcher..

Jersey,
To get a really good sear, buy a pair of the charcoal baskets. Put both of them in the center of the grill(long edge to long edge) Fill them with a good Weber chimney of charcoal. This puts a whole chimney of charcoal contained in a small area. Also, the baskets make it where the coals are double, or triple layered. It's HOT. Then you can move your steaks to the perimeter of the grill for indirect cooking. Hope this helps.

Well mine came out great. No pics though, I was too dam hungry. They were 2 inch or so Top sirloin that had been resting in chopped garlic, packed with McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, and some Whatsdishere sauce.
Full chimney with some JD chips throw on the side. Man they were good !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom