Watcha cooking for the 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
Was wondering what everyone was cooking for the 4th. It's my mother-in laws birthday and we are doing 15 smoked chickens and some boudin. Everyone brings a dish and I furnish the meat. It takes place at my house and we will have 30-35 show up. (Big family) Happy 4th to all.

Think I do a brisket on my electrified Brinkmann Gourmet. Maybe do my Olympic quality cannonball combo double back flip into the cement pond.

bigwheel

I guess this depends on your perspective, but I will be enjoying "other peoples" cooking all weekend!!! Oh, I forgot, my daughter's boyfriend wants me to teach him to cook pulled pork so, I have a small bullet smoker and we are going to do a couple of 5 lb butts Friday. If he wants it, I'll let him take it back to OSU in the fall so he can tailgate and be the BMOC!!!

bigwheel said:
Think I do a brisket on my electrified Brinkmann Gourmet. Maybe do my Olympic quality cannonball combo double back flip into the cement pond.

bigwheel

Think I might do the same...the brisket that is.

Hey Bigwheel, send video if you do the dive! :)

Reebs on my new (new to me) WSM.
Bigwheel we gotta' have pics of that one! :shock: :LOL:

Hey them old log hawging creosote factory offsets make great planters. I got all kinds of flora and fauna residing in mine as we speak. Be glad to send some pics of my special dive but if anybody is close enough to capture the action they gonna get their Brownies wet. Betta skip that idear till somebody show up with a telephoto lens. I displace quite a bit of water on the particular manuver under consideration. Sorry.

bigwheel

We are going up to Gettysburg for the 145th anniversary reenactment. It should be fun. We will be there on Sat....Might hit the parade in DC in the morning on the 4th...I guess we will find some fireworks up there on the 4th...Maybe in York or Harrisburg.

I have to find some BBQ somewhere in PA. Anyone know of any BBQ places in that area? :P

Picking up a case of butts for the folks at work. Need money for vacation! $10lb sold in 2lb bags. Should make enough for gas there and back.

I'm gonna do some steaks with a new steak/roast rub I'm working on...

I'm on a pretty restrictive diet, but I managed to grab a couple o' racks of baby backs!

I'll make some deviled eggs and throw some veggies on the grill, that should all be low-carb enough for me to have a couple Sam Adams

not cooking today....headin over to a friends for leg quarters and
something.

I'll be soaking in the pool trying to solve the beer glut problem
by turning it into a beer gut problem.

Back
Top Bottom