Watcha cooking for the 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm cooking a couple of racks of loinbacks, some chicken, grilled corn on the cob and some baked beans. Watermelon for desert and some highly spiked rum lemonade!

been working around the ranch all day...prob gonna do burgers and dogs on the grill and try to finish of some of the sides from camping..

No real cooking for me, unfortunately. I'll be grilling a few brats, to be eaten with grilled green peppers and onions, and some very cold beer. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. ;)

Larry D. said:
No real cooking for me, unfortunately. I'll be grilling a few brats, to be eaten with grilled green peppers and onions, and some very cold beer. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. ;)
Sounds like a mighty fine day to me. ;)

I allegedly did a rack of spares and a rack of baby backs, with baked sweet potatoes and slaw. WRB for the rub, TPJ Pineapple Habanero for the glaze. I'm liking that combo a lot for ribs.

--John
(No pics. We jumped into it so quick, all I could show you would be leftovers and bones.)

Unity said:
I allegedly did a rack of spares and a rack of baby backs, with baked sweet potatoes and slaw. WRB for the rub, TPJ Pineapple Habanero for the glaze. I'm liking that combo a lot for ribs.

--John
(No pics. We jumped into it so quick, all I could show you would be leftovers and bones.)
The alleged cook you did sounds great!
Were the bones real spicy after using that combo?

Unity said:

--John

I'm compelled to point out: no pics = no cook.

Puff said:
The alleged cook you did sounds great!
Were the bones real spicy after using that combo?
No, not real spicy, just a real nice flavor with a touch of habanero tingle if you get analytical about what you're tasting. I used WRO and Peach Habanero on my last ribs before these. The pineapple and peach flavors are among TPJ's top sellers. Good stuff.

--John

Griff said:
I'm compelled to point out: no pics = no cook.
Jeez, whatta bunch of sticklers around here. :roll:

leftoverribs.jpg

--John
(Darn, if that had been warm ... )

Here's some pics from our Fourth up here. BTW, a lot of extra celebration this year as 50 years ago this summer statehood was passed by the US Congress. We didn't officially become a state until Jan 3, 1959.

No Fourth is complete without homemade ice cream.

The ribs.

The grilled salmon.

My '29 Ford with bumper flags.

I totally missed taking a pic of the fish fry station my wife se up on the corner of the deck. When possible we like to fry fish outside. We fried halibut and Pacific grey cod. We cooked for 16.

Had two caterings so we cooked butt, kobe brisket, chicken, slaw, potato salad and 5 bean BBQ beans.

Subway sandwich for the only meal I had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom