Want to Buy all 3 Wolfe Rub Recipes? Here's how! - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Want to Buy all 3 Wolfe Rub Recipes? Here's how!

Now that Wolfe Rub BBQ Seasonings is closed I would like for everyone to still be able to enjoy our rubs.

I have opened up a Donate Button below and will leave it open until our goal of $5K is met or we get close to it. Once the goal is reached I will send everyone that Donates a minimum of $25 or as much as you want, all three Wolfe Rub recipes for your own personal use. The recipes will be sent out to everyone who makes a donation. In otherwords, make a minimum donation of $25 or more until we reach the goal. I think this is fair to me and fair to all of the Wolfe Rub customer base.

Click the button below and donate towards the goal of $5,000. Once this goal is reached, the recipes will be forwarded to everyone who contributed within 2 business days. I will post the progress as we go along. Please feel free to share this with other BBQ folks who may be interested. The faster we get to the goal, the quicker you all will have the recipes! Any excess funds collected will be turned into a donation to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

I'm not trying to turn this into a pitty party and wasn't going to make this public. But I came up with the amount I'm aiming for because as most of you already know, I'm in a wheelchair. I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type II, a form of Muscular Dystrophy.......yeah I'm a Jerry's Kid....make your jokes, I'm ready. To make a long story short, my condition is progressive and it has progressed to the point that I can't get in and out of my truck or car without help. So I need a lift installed on my truck that will get me and my chair in safely. The lift and installation total to just at $10,000.00. Insurance won't pay a dime, because they consider it a 'convenience', not a necessity for life. Well, I disagree if I can't function independantly.. So I just wanted to make it clear I am NOT doing this to make a quick buck, but to rather get my my independance back and give you all the ability to have Wolfe Rub whenever you want it.

I will make a donation to the Muscular Dystrophy Association with any excess donations, etc. MDA provides benefits and research to people and ESPECIALLY children who are effected with neuro-muscular diseases. Afterall, if it wasn't for this forum and the members who make up the majority of my customer base, Wolfe Rub would have never taken off.

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="4534392">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!">

</form>

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
Web Celeb

So, if someone donates $500 and some donate $5...eventually when the $10k threshold is mets then everyone who paid gets the recipes?

Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
BBQ Centralite

Don't do it. We've already got income redistribution. I draw the line at rich guys footing the bill for Wolf Rub redistribution!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #4

Now if Larry lowered his asking price to $5,000, and 100 people came up with $50, then that would work also.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
So, if someone donates $500 and some donate $5...eventually when the $10k threshold is mets then everyone who paid gets the recipes?
That is correct.
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
Now if Larry lowered his asking price to $5,000, and 100 people came up with $50, then that would work also.
That is correct
Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #7

So then if it was $2500 and 100 people...................
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #8

So what you are saying is that we pay and hope that the goal is met later on? What happens when the donations only reach, say $7,500? You see my concern?

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #9

Damn lawyers are always looking for an angle!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #10
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
I'll bet if you can gt that top off the girl in the avatar the price might go down.....might - not for sure.

Member #1462
BBQ ........So easy a caveman could do it.....?

Never look your best friend in the eye while your makin' sausage.
dollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote