Vindaloo Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
Tried an adaptation of this classic Indian dish. I think next time I'll omit the fresh ginger and shallot. I'd use ground ginger, garlic powder and granulated onion to make a dry rub and then spritz with the vinegar during the cook.

http://ncre.biz/vindaloo.html

Tasted pretty damn good. The white meat had more spice flavor. Wife thought it was great but I thought it could have packed more heat. But I like fire on everything. :D

Way cool Dats. I always like to make dishes that use spices I was previously unfamiliar with. And this recipe does just that. Thanks.

Griff

Dats, did you find out the hard way that it stains countertops & plastic ware?
Looked really good!
So did the bottle of tequila. I could only make out the Don.. (Julio?)

Scotty wrote:
Dats Awesome!

Why did you decide to omit the fresh and go with the ...not so fresh?

Used fresh this time. My thinking is that if I go with the dried next time, it would be a dry rub... something I'm more used to.

In the "traditional" methods I found, the meat is cubed out and the marinate/pasted applied. Wait over nite or longer.

When ready to start, the meat is browned, removed, onions and garlic sweated, meat put back in along with all the marinate. Add some vinegar and water, heat to a boil then simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Thought that replacing the onion/garlic with a shallot in the paste mixture would bring out the onion/garlic flavor and to an extent it did.

I did find out about staining the hard way :cry:

I served it over Basmati Rice with a cucumber/yogart salad on the side.

Don Julio is correct/

DATsBBQ said:
In the "traditional" methods I found, the meat is cubed out and the marinate/pasted applied. Wait over nite or longer.

When ready to start, the meat is browned, removed, onions and garlic sweated, meat put back in along with all the marinate. Add some vinegar and water, heat to a boil then simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Thought that replacing the onion/garlic with a shallot in the paste mixture would bring out the onion/garlic flavor and to an extent it did.

I did find out about staining the hard way :cry:

I served it over Basmati Rice with a cucumber/yogart salad on the side.

Don Julio is correct/

Try bleach?

Simple Green took care of the counter- caught it right away. The rubber top to the blender.... now I have a dedicated blender for Q. :D

DATsBBQ said:
Simple Green took care of the counter- caught it right away. The rubber top to the blender.... now I have a dedicated blender for Q. :D
Cascade makes a "Plastic Booster". You put it in the prefill (or open dispenser), then fill the normal dispenser and wash as normal. I've had pretty good luck with it. It takes out spag & chili stains no problem.

Back
Top Bottom