valentines day cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gordon1

Senior Cook
anyone else lucky enough??

the wife said she didn't want to go out for valentines, that she just wanted me to smoke some ribs!

doing my first fatty as well. jimmy dean bold with a cheddar stuffed pepper.

gordon said:

the wife said she didn't want to go out for valentines, that she just wanted me to smoke some ribs!

Yup, I sure am. (just ask any one that has been at Oink :LOL: )
We are going to a local place for a pals 50th B-day party. Hope the wheels don't come off cuz I have a cater Sunday.
Your going to love the fatty.

Pigs

gordon said:

Have a good time with your sweetheart. We are going to grill 2 prime t-bones and 2 pompanos I caught. then wash them down with some wine we brought back from Italy.. Not sure about side dishes yet.. that fatty sounds like a winner... Have fun Gordon.. :D

so question about the fatty. since I flattened it, rut the pepper in and rolled it.......where to check temp? if I go down the middle it will hit the pepper. doesn't seem like much to check with at the very end. at one hour I'm reading 150. seems fast to me.

gordon said:
so question about the fatty. since I flattened it, rut the pepper in and rolled it.......where to check temp? if I go down the middle it will hit the pepper. doesn't seem like much to check with at the very end. at one hour I'm reading 150. seems fast to me.
The magic of a fatty. They are fast. I wrap mine at 150 if I put them on too soon and in the little cooler. Have burned up a few too. :oops:

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
gordon said:
The magic of a fatty. They are fast. I wrap mine at 150 if I put them on too soon and in the little cooler. Have burned up a few too. :oops:

Pigs

I did a search on here the other night and everything I read said 2-2 1/2 hours. oh well guess I'm eating lunch soon.

Wow..thats purty. Wished I had some sniff sniff. I think the Warden has gave me her flu bug which she been fighting for the past month or two. Think I will have some chicken soup from the can and maybe some velvetter grilled cheese sandwiches. That is whut sick folks is supposed to eat I think. Now this do not apply to eye injuries. Folks who get their eye shot out with a BB Gun should eat dry toast and drink hot tea. I know this for a fact cuz my Mama tole me. Finest and most artistic looking fatty I ever seen.

bigwheel

Everybody in Texas know Jimmy Dean is too lean for eating purposes. Get yourself some Owen's if you got time to work. Fat is where the flavor is at..least that whut old dearly deceased Joe Ames was always promoting. Good Sagey flavor. Lot of the real small town Mom n Pop non Hindu stores have Eckrich. Now if you ever want the best smoked baloney on earth..smoke up a chub or half a chub of the Eckrich All beef variety. Just depends on how much a person wants to eat. Wowser.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom