using foil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Most that use foil use a variation of the 3-2-1 method..3 hours on the smoker, 2 hours in foil, and 1 hour to firm them back up. Most of the posts I've read think 2 hours in foil is too long, myself included. I like about an hour after closer to 4 hours. This is for spare ribs ~ Loin backs will require a shorter cooking time. Others should chime in on their way..

I agree Scotty, if I use foil at all, one hour tops, for loin backs. Spare ribs may be able to handle a bit more time, but anything mor than 1 1/2 hours and I start to worry about having a pile of bones with mushy meat.

Truth be told, I haven't used foil on the last three rib cooks I have done and I really feel they have been some of the best I've cooked.

I've tried 2 hours in foil with spares and they were way to done for me. I've tried 45 minutes and it was a little closer to the doneness that I like.

The time in foil all depends on the size rib's you buy. When I get loin backs I buy 3 and up. You can easily leave in foil for 2 or more hours.

Rich Decker

Yeppers you got it right that time big boy! :!: But foilin for an hour or so will make them tender, just don't over do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom