USDA Select brisket packer OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DATsBBQ said:
Larry:
DATsBBQ wrote:

The "select" t-loins I've grilled you can still cut with a fork.

Tenderloins are naturally tender regardless of the grade. It's the flavor and moistness that the higher grade/more marbled meat has to offer. I don't buy tenderloins in the first place, regardless of the grade. Yeah they're tender, but what else do they have to offer?? They have pretty much no flavor due to their leaness, unless you wrap a piece of bacon around them. I'll pay 1/3 of the price and be happy with a sirloin any day over a tenderloin!

I agree.
So a brisket is a brisket and a tenderloin is a tenderloin. :LOL: Sounds like much ado about nothing [smilie=a_hrm.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_242.gif]

Yep!!

You guys get any snow lately?

When it comes to brisket it's not the grade of the brisket but the side of the cow it came from thats important..... ;)

wittdog said:
When it comes to brisket it's not the grade of the brisket but the side of the cow it came from thats important..... ;)

[smilie=a_doh.gif] [smilie=a_doh.gif] [smilie=a_doh.gif] [smilie=a_doh.gif] [smilie=a_doh.gif]

Not necessarily. I have found many a choice brisket in the Wally World meat case. They tend to peddle whut they are sent..and if they are sent choice that is whut they peddle. To them as with most other retailers..briskets is briskets.

bigwheel

brian j said:
fwiw... if you have been cooking wally world briskets you have been cooking select.

I don't know about briskets but I'll give you an affidavit about the superiority of a prime tenderloin fillet over a choice. In my opinion getting a prime fillet is well worth the extra $$. Just my $2.00. Two cents just didn't sound right in this instance.

Griff

Griff wrote:
I don't know about briskets but I'll give you an affidavit about the superiority of a prime tenderloin fillet over a choice. In my opinion getting a prime fillet is well worth the extra $$. Just my $2.00. Two cents just didn't sound right in this instance.

They he goes again getting all legal beagle. :D Next thing you know, he'll be bragging on his brand new Egg. ;)

wasn't it select vs choice?

Back
Top Bottom