United Way Cook tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cliff H. said:
I had to order a couple of them stickers.

Great looking cook you have going Diva. Are you managing all that by yourself ?

Yes - Vlad is taking care of the kids inside so its me a few coffees a couple of BBQ books sitting in the garage. Rather peaceful actually lol I am happy to do it.

Vlad is more than willing to help its just not possible with 3 little kids in the house running around.

Its not so much work now at all. Later when I have to pull it will be more of a challenge.

Kloset BBQR said:
Very cool indeed, Diva! I've never seen one of those pits before. Everything looks great. Nice job for a great cause!

How do you like the Thermapen?

I too love the early morning cooks. Nothing better than having a hot cup of coffee and watching the smoke slowly rise out of the pits. Great smells too!

And so it starts....Dallas embarks on another pit for his arsenal. :LOL: :LOL:

Ok well we just finished up ill post more pics tomorrow at the event.

gotta say many thanks to Darryl for helping me figure out how to do all this by myself. He really gave me great instructions on how to stagger the meats and pull them chill them quickly down and package them up. Also jason from Swines 7 bovines Catering for his tips.

I am sure for many of you big guys and caterers here this would have been a walk in the park but for me this was the most meat I have ever cooked by myself. Really an enjoyable but exhausting way to spend a Sunday.

Thank fully Vlad is helping clean up now that the kids are asleep.

We all know you won't let Vlado near the cookers... :LOL:
That man needs a cooker of his own...like a RK...
Just how big is that lightbulb?

Well it was a great day to have a BBQ beautiful sunny and not too cold!

We compeltely 100% sold out and then some.

People ate then waited till the very end to buy the last little leftovers.

lots of TTC employees brought their tupperware containers and took home enough for dinner as well.

A huge success that was a blast.

Many thanks to Traeger Canada for all their help and also a special thanks to Gary and Ron for helping to dish out the food.

Thanks to Buster Rhinos for donating the sauces and rubs people like it so much and want to know where they can get more!!!

Thanks to Hovey's for providing us with top notch excellent meat to work with.

It was a blast. We served over 175 orders of 1/2 ribs and over 100 pulled pork and over 100 brisket sammies. Almost 400 orders in about 15 minutes.

They have already asked us to come back next year.

Congrats to you! That is awesome and a great cause too. 400 servings in 15 minutes? Sounds like a world record to me... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom