Turkey Tenderloins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Doing some on the WSM as I type...just got everything put together and the temp is coming up...prolly shut one vent down and keep 2 open half way...not looking to keep it at regular bbq temps...if it hits 300+ that's fine.

6 tenderloins strips are in there...half rubbed with Becky's rub and the other half with Dan's Kick Ass BBQ Rub...taking pics and will post later tonight! :(

Greg, Greg, Greg........if you didn't brine or use a pop-up timer you are set for failure!! Go ahead and save yourself the headache and pm me a slice of turkey! 8-[

Larry are you stall upset witnh that turkey post a about a month ago hyahaha.

Greg i'm looking froword to the pic an by the way what would you cook(temp) a turkey tenterloin to?

Bryan S said:
[quote="The Joker":1h6spes3]You can say "ass" on here??? 8-[
What are you the forum Police??? :razz:[/quote:1h6spes3]
No, Scarface! I said Poop on here a while back and it got deleted even though there were something like 29 other Poops in this forum alone along with a few F-Words.....I'm just tryin' to find the bounderies :)

:lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

How often do you check your email? Once a month??? :eek:

Well, that makes 30 poops on this forum!! :eek:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:taunt:

The Missing Link said:
Larry are you stall upset witnh that turkey post a about a month ago hyahaha.

Greg i'm looking froword to the pic an by the way what would you cook(temp) a turkey tenterloin to?

Nah! I just like to razz folks here! It's all in fun!

Ok, so it was HORRIBLE!!!!! I didn't even take any pics of the finished product. I don't know if it was the fact that turkey tenderloins don't benefit from low and slow or the wood I used or what but I have NEVER made anything that tasted that bad in my WSM...EVER!!

Here are the pics I took but again, there is nothing in the finished stage!

Turkey w/ Becky's Rub

Turkey with Dan's Kick Ass BBQ Rub

Fuel and Mesquite Wood

Lodges SS Range Stove Lighting the Kingsford

Closer Look at the Firing Coals

My Favorite Tool...The BAR BOY!!

Guess you burnt them to a crisp, that explains why we don't see any finished pic's. Too much Bud's and Maker's????

No, not burnt at all...just a sickening horrible taste...???They "looked" ok...I guess you had to taste it to fully understand the problem!

I'm surprised I didn't get an offer on the Bar Boy from you, Larry!! :eek: :(

Greg I like the Bar Boy! Looks like a great device! Now, about the bad tasting bird. The mesquite my have been the wrong choice for turkey. Doesn't look like you used very much though. Could the wood have been old? Did it have any mold on it?

It is older...but I keep it inside (not in the attic) in order to keep it dry and not in the humidity! That could very well be the culprit! #-o It didn't look moldy and I have used mesquite on turkey breast (10lbers) in the past with success... :)

ScottyDaQ said:
That bar boy looks cool. I'm just trying to think how to keep the kids away from it. :-k

Show the kid's how to work it, they'll go to bed early!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom