Turkey question-so you resoak the cheesecloth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
If anyone is around I would appreciate a response. I have the turkey on the WSM doing great. I brined it for 24 hours then covered it in cheesecloth soaked in olive oil then I sprinkled on some salt pepper and rub.

Now I was wondering if I should resoak the cheesecloth with some more olive oil and put it back on?

It seems very dry.

This is my first turkey.

Diva,
I don't have a clue, but I'll offer my advice for what I'd do if it were me. If you already soaked it in olive oil, it's more than likely okay and should make for a pretty smoothe release when you're ready to remove. But it probably wouldn't hurt to baste with additional olive oil.

In the future, you can do without the cheesecloth. It's mainly used to keep the turkey from over smoking and getting too dark. You shouldn't have a problem with either on the WSM.

Thank you all so very much.

Well I am very grateful for all of the advice given to me about Turkeys.

The Turkey was incredible. It was so full of flavour and incredibly moist. It was not too dark but had a wonderful color overall.

We enjoyed it immensely.

I wish i would have remembered to take pictures but with all the hustle and bustle of taking out the other turkey and making all the fixings I completely forgot.

I will do it again next year for sure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom