Turkey lurkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
It's not Thanksgiving yet but a little practice never hurts.
Turkey breast injected with the Wolfe Rub Original injection(Man is that stuff good!) Cooked over Rancher coal, using apple and a chunk of cheery wood. Little drummy wings(My daughter doesn't like turkey, just the song :D ) going on in a few. First time I ever smoked chicken wings.
Doing some stuffed 'shrooms too.

Oh yeah it was done. Just as dinner was done 10 buddies rolled up to the curb. They ate everything. No pics .....nuttin' :shock: :oops:
Came out great though. All I have is a carcass left :shock:

I like the way you say "SHOOMS".. Did you make dressing and other fixins?

Yep also made stuffing(Stove Top :oops: ) green beans and mashed ruttabega. It's all gone.........all of it............. :(

Oh, man, rutabagas are about the only thing besides licorice that my taste buds reject as inedible. :shock: Everything else sounds great, even the Stove Top stuffing. :)

--John 8)

I don't really care for it either. My Wife's family were raised in the U.P. of Michigan where it was a staple on the table. I mash it with some milk and alot of butter. I add a little dark brown sugar secretly. It's not to bad.
I did manage to salvage about a pound of turkey. Turkey ala king for dinner. Smoke flavor will make it even better :D

Puff said:
I don't really care for it either. My Wife's family were raised in the U.P. of Michigan where it was a staple on the table. I mash it with some milk and alot of butter. I add a little dark brown sugar secretly. It's not to bad.
Your secret is safe. ;)

--John 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom