Turkey Breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Fresh turkey breasts were one sale for $.99lb so I picked up two seven pounders. Injected them both with 50/50 chicken broth and water. Smoking over apple wood. It's windy as all get out and COLD!!! The first pick is to show how much liquid I pumped into the breasts. They are both the same weight before pumping. The breast on the left is injected and the one on the right is not. You'll see a considerable size difference.

Cliff H. said:
Larry,
Did you scrub them breast with bleach or something. They look squeeky clean. :LOL:

LOL Nope, just injected them then put them in the fridge to dry a bit before putting them on the cooker!

Boobs are done. Not the best breasts I've made......turned out very moist but not nearly the flavor of my normal brine or the Wolfe Rub Injection. Overall pretty good. I injected 50/50 broth and water, I should have stuck with 100% broth, but I was concerned with it being overly salty. I'm gonna stick with what I've been doing and just brine for now on or inject with the WR recipe. Much much more flavor!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom