Turkey breast on the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Smoked my first turkey breast on the WSM Sunday.
I injected the crap out of it with the Wolfe Rub turkey injection.
Cooked it over lump with a few chunks of hickory and wild apple. The breast was 7lbs. and took about 4 hrs., resting time included.
Had to get used to the lump, burned way hotter. After it reached 270* I shut the bottom vents completely for about an hour. It finally settled in at 270* (dome temp) for the duration of the cook. Pulled it at 165*.
I'm not a real big fan of turkey, but that was the juiciest most flavorful one I ever ate. That injection is great Larry.

Nice turkey breast....what's that you got by those taters and green beans?? Looks like corn mash but it probably isin't

Wow Puff, that turkey looks great. I think that is my next venture on the WSM after thursdays butt cook.

SteerCrazy said:
Nice turkey breast....what's that you got by those taters and green beans?? Looks like corn mash but it probably isin't
Mashed Rutabega with butter and brown sugar.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Wow Puff, that turkey looks great. I think that is my next venture on the WSM after thursdays butt cook.
Use Larry's injection it's really good ;)

Puff, it looked great! I'm not a big fan of turkey breasts neither. I usually brine mine first then on to the WSM! I'm gonna try thet Wolfe injection one of these days. Does anybody know where to get this Wolfe rub?

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff, it looked great! I'm not a big fan of turkey breasts neither. I usually brine mine first then on to the WSM! I'm gonna try thet Wolfe injection one of these days. Does anybody know where to get this Wolfe rub?
I was told it would be better to brine a fresh turkey. This one was pumped.
As far as the Wolfe Rub............... [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

Puff,

I haven't done a turkey or a turkey breast. I have one in the freezer...I need to get on the ball and try it.

It the injection a mixture of spices and liquid with WR added or is it something Larry sells.

I fry turkey's all the time and inject with Creole butter injection.

The food looks very good.

cleglue said:
Puff,

I haven't done a turkey or a turkey breast. I have one in the freezer...I need to get on the ball and try it.

It the injection a mixture of spices and liquid with WR added or is it something Larry sells.

I fry turkey's all the time and inject with Creole butter injection.

The food looks very good.

Thanks
The injection recipe is on his website. Here she goes..

This is for a whole turkey so you might want to adjust if your just smoking a breast.
2 C Apple juice
1/2 C Wolfe Rub Original
1 stick butter
1 Tbs. honey
Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until dissolved.
Let cool and inject.

I've used the Creole butter injection on smoked and fried turkeys. Turns out great to me.

Gonna have to try the AJ, WR, Honey Butter stuff. Sounds good. Was it sweet tasting, Puff?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom