Turbo Cook'n

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

My folks were in town from Cleveland this past weekend and they wanted some BBQ for dinner last night. So, I offered to cook all four competition meats as a "sampler". When I finished I realized, "Hey! You just cooked an entire competition in eight hours!" Since I found that interesting, I thought y'all might as well. Here's how it went down:

Brisket (10 lbs trimmed) - On at 9:30 AM, off at 3:30 PM

Pork (7.8 lbs) - On at 9:30 AM, off at 5:00 PM

Spares (3 slabs - 3.0 lbs each) - On at 2:00 PM, off at 5:30 PM

Chicken (12 thighs) - On at 3:00 PM, off at 5:30 PM

I used my two UDSs and the average temperature for the brisket and butt was about 310*. The ribs and chicken cooked at a constant 275*.

The interesting part was that it was a very low stress cook, and the results were very much competition-quality, with the exception of the chicken trimming. I trimmed the thighs with about half my normal attention-to-detail.

Just thought I'd share.

John

Sounds like a good time!

Yeah, Cleveland....NO BBQ in Cleveland...It's in Euclid. Have em swing by Greg's house next time they need a quick fix. Tell em Scotty sent ya.

Ain't but two things that comes out of Cleveland. I'll get back to you when I figure out what they are. :shock: :D

John

PatioDaddio said:
Ain't but two things that comes out of Cleveland. I'll get back to you when I figure out what they are. :shock: :D

John

Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

8)

Uh, no... I think the Hall of Fame is a permanent fixture. I said "comes out of Cleveland". :D

John

Greg Rempe said:
Oh John, YOU came out of Cleveland to... :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
[Insert Rome buzzer here]

I came out of Ashtabula. Have the facts and don't suck! :shock: :D

Rack me!

John

Sorry, but the only shot I took was of the brisket just after it went on.

Brisket_2_1.jpg

I went with my basic hot & fast process, but just not quite as hot.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom