Trimming the Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I thought I would throw this up for discussion and then go back to work. :roll:

There are a lot of great ideas and techniques for trimming a brisket. The coolest idea that I have heard of as of late has been the idea to filet the fat cap back like a big O catfish. leaving it partialy attatched. Rub the exposed meat area and then flop the cap back in place before smoking. 8)

That's interesting. You would get alot more seasoning in the meat instead of it rolling off as the fat cooks.

Cliff H. said:
I thought I would throw this up for discussion and then go back to work. :roll:

There are a lot of great ideas and techniques for trimming a brisket. The coolest idea that I have heard of as of late has been the idea to filet the fat cap back like a big O catfish. leaving it partialy attatched. Rub the exposed meat area and then flop the cap back in place before smoking. 8)

that is a great idea

Trim???

Trim a Brisket?????
That's where all the flavor is. Trim it AFTER it is cook. Use those juices to spoon over the meat after it is sliced. Yum,yum!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

Re: Trim???

kickassbbq said:
Trim a Brisket?????
That's where all the flavor is. Trim it AFTER it is cook. Use those juices to spoon over the meat after it is sliced. Yum,yum!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!
He's talking about trimming the fat cap back enough to rub the meat under it and then flopping the fat cap back on and cooking it. ;)

The idea has been discussed before off and on for years, has not been found to be of much help but give it a try.

Most find you end up with a pasty, grainy texture to the rub once the fat is removed.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom