Tomatillos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squint

Assistant Cook
Anyone here ever smoked tomatillos and or jalapenos? Can anyone point me in the right direction, pls?

Thanks guys!!

well you probably know that chipotles are smoked dried peppers. I don't think you would want to dry them out. I've never done it, but I would think I'd brush em with oil and then smoke em till they start to get tender.
Then remove and clean, and keep in a plastic bag in the fridge till you're ready to make the salsa....sounds really good.

squint said:
Anyone here ever smoked tomatillos and or jalapenos? Can anyone point me in the right direction, pls?

Thanks guys!!
Did some A.B.T.'s last sunday.See pics in the smoked ham section. :!: Stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon. =P~ The wife was eatin' em' so fast, barely had time to take the pic! :-$ :grin: good luck!

I just blacken the tomatillos on a cast iron skillet. Cook them this way over med-high heat util the skin blisters and they soften. You can do some serrano chiles and onions at the same time. Reserve all the juice and toss everything in the blender with some salt. It will have a smokey character to it but not really be smoked. This technique works with tomatoes as well. Good luck, Woodsmoke

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom