Todays dinner and snack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’m doing a turkey breast, some Italian Eggs , and some dirty Yams…I hope.

The eggs were Japs stuffed with Cream Cheese, then wrapped in Italian sausage and sprinkled with BBQ USA’s Memphis dry rub.. They are very tasty but next time I will stuff them with some Mozzarella cheese and some sun dried tomatoes and some fresh basil…

I might make some when we get together with the Pens this weekend

Bill The Grill Guy said:
So, are those like stuffed fatties? They look interesting.
Yeah they are kind of like a mini stuffed fattie...The recipe was for Armadillo Eggs, it can be found in Peace love and BBQ....I changed the meat type and next time will change the filling...I also cut into them before the filling set.....I was hongry.....

wittdog said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
So, are those like stuffed fatties? They look interesting.
Yeah they are kind of like a mini stuffed fattie...The recipe was for Armadillo Eggs, it can be found in Peace love and BBQ....I changed the meat type and next time will change the filling...I also cut into them before the filling set.....I was hongry.....

I like the idea of stuffing the fatties. That is on my to do list. Thanks Dog.

I had to work a ½ day today, and when I came home early afternoon, hubby had the turkey breast on Buford with sweet potatoes roasting along side. All I had to do was keep Buford going for about another hour, pull the turkey, and make a fruit salad (and actually, the dynamic duo did most of the fruit salad. Another fine meal at the wittdogs….

disclaimer: any food portrayed negatively in these pictures is purely the fault of the photographer and is by no means a reflection of the quality of the food product.

Puff said:
Looks tasty, I have to try one of those :!:
I cook my turkey at a higher temp 250*-275* the smoked yams were awsome...I rubbed the skins with a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon with some water to make it into a paste...

wittdog said:
Puff said:
Looks tasty, I have to try one of those :!:
I cook my turkey at a higher temp 250*-275* the smoked yams were awsome...I rubbed the skins with a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon with some water to make it into a paste...
I'm not much of a turkey fan, but it does look good =P~ Ever done a whole turkey?

Back
Top Bottom