Today's cook is.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
Two racks of short ribs.

Two racks of competition spares.

Three beer butt chickens with hickory in the smoke box on the gasser.

10 orange yams in the same gasser.

Porobello caps with roasted red peppers topped with fresh mozarellla smoked in the WSM....

Spring is here boys and girls.

you've got the details on the porotbellos. just dig out the ribs and stuff them with roasted red pepper and slices of fresh mozarella. smoke 'em for I don't know an hour maybe.

the yams are simplicity itself. technically the ones I got are orange sweet potatos.

Just wash the skins. then put them on with the chickens. I'm cooking at about 350* . the skins crisp up and pick up some of the smoke flavor from the smoker box.

They're cheap, filling and tasty which is important since I've got a family with 4 teenagers and two young ones coming over tonight.

How did it all come out Rob? I'm doing turkey breast and meatloaf today for lunch for the week. Probably doing eggplant parmigiana for dinner tonight.

Nick Prochilo said:
How did it all come out Rob? I'm doing turkey breast and meatloaf today for lunch for the week. Probably doing eggplant parmigiana for dinner tonight.

Nick, any houses around you for sale? I love eggplant parmigiana!

Nick Prochilo said:

I take it those meals are indoor cause its raining like abastard over by me

Eggplant is inside, the rest is on the WSM. The rain had stopped when I lit her up this morning, but I'm under cover anyway! Larry, no houses for sale here, come and go in this neighborhood in just about a weeks time. Larry, what did you glaze your meatloaf with the other day?

I have some buckboard bacon that I cured in the bottom of the frig for two weeks and then soaked for the last 24 hours. Prior to firing up the WSM I was at the grocery this morning and saw rib roast bones only on sale. I had been thinking what a shame to fire up with only 7 or 8 pounds of bacon in there. The rib bones seemed a good idea. They are on the bottom with lots of garlic. The bacon is on the top but I'll be pulling it at 140*.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom