todays cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cflatt

Sous Chef
rubbed up an 8 lb butt yesterday afternoon, just let it rest for about 3 hours and pulled. through on a maple fattie toward the end just because, then had just enough coals left to let me smoke a block of cabot aged cheddar. the cheese didnt change much at all in color but it had a nice smokey flavor to it.

The Maple fatty has the best flavor. Everytime I do a cook I always throw some cheese on at the end :!: Good stuff :!:

thanks, gonna shred up some of that smoked cheddar and put it in some mac and cheese.....that and some hot water cornbread and green beans....I'm lookin forward to dinner

cflatt said:
thanks, gonna shred up some of that smoked cheddar and put it in some mac and cheese.....that and some hot water cornbread and green beans....I'm lookin forward to dinner
Hot water cornbread?? 8-[

hmmm....hoecakes ? corncakes ? little cornmeal, cornflour, egg, hotwater, cook em up in a cast iron skillet by the big spoonful in some EVOO or even better add some bacon drippins to it

cflatt said:
hmmm....hoecakes ? corncakes ? little cornmeal, cornflour, egg, hotwater, cook em up in a cast iron skillet by the big spoonful in some EVOO or even better add some bacon drippins to it

Gotcha' :!:

WOW Curtis! Very nice PP you got there! If it tasted half as good as it looked you were a very lucky guy!! =D>

thanks, it tasted great too, just a bit of white pepper and a buncha Larrys' finest. heres the remnants from dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom