Today's BB ribs & smoked jalapenos--Final pics added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
This slab just went on about 30 minutes ago. The peppers are jalapenos and will be used for various garnishments.

dsc0005rd7.jpg

dsc0006lc9.jpg

dsc0007ux3.jpg

dsc0011bg8.jpg

dsc0014oi8.jpg

Edited @ 1:20 PM to add the following pics (after 3 hours in the smoke and just prior to being foiled):

dsc0001hp8.jpg

dsc0003bu7.jpg

Edited @ 3:50 PM to add the following pics

dsc0001in8.jpg

dsc0006em6.jpg

dsc0005df8.jpg

dsc0007he3.jpg

dsc0004py2.jpg

All images shot ISO 400 @ f/5.6

Looking good LR!

I have a question and I'm not being a wise ass. Why is your door upside down?

Greg Rempe said:
Proally to get the temp up quicker...just a guess.

Another legit question and again, I'm not being a wise ass. How is the door being upside down going to get the temp up any faster?

Finney said:
Did you follow the instructions on the package? :LOL:

You know it. To think I've wasted all this time on sites such as this one just to find THE directions on the back of a Tyson package. It's downright embarassing.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":19p0oaaf]Proally to get the temp up quicker...just a guess.

Another legit question and again, I'm not being a wise ass. How is the door being upside down going to get the temp up any faster?[/quote:19p0oaaf]

The door upside down has more gap...so more air gets in and gets the fire hotter quicker...again just a guess.

Larry Wolfe said:
Looking good LR!

I have a question and I'm not being a wise ass. Why is your door upside down?

Wolf, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

You know, I could probably let you in on a little secret if you FedEx me a couple 1 lb bottles of that outstanding rub I'm reading so much about in various places;).

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":lh0yr929]Proally to get the temp up quicker...just a guess.

Another legit question and again, I'm not being a wise ass. How is the door being upside down going to get the temp up any faster?[/quote:lh0yr929]

It has nothing to do with temp. It's something else.

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1fr6d78e][quote="Greg Rempe":1fr6d78e]Proally to get the temp up quicker...just a guess.

Another legit question and again, I'm not being a wise ass. How is the door being upside down going to get the temp up any faster?[/quote:1fr6d78e]

The door upside down has more gap...so more air gets in and gets the fire hotter quicker...again just a guess.[/quote:1fr6d78e]

How does it have more of a gap upside down?? The shape doesnt' change whatsoever.

LowRent said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1fr6d78e]Proally to get the temp up quicker...just a guess.

Another legit question and again, I'm not being a wise ass. How is the door being upside down going to get the temp up any faster?

It has nothing to do with temp. It's something else.[/quote:1fr6d78e]

I've heard of people doing it upside down, cause it falls off right side up easier.

Larry Wolfe said:
I've heard of people doing it upside down, cause it falls off right side up easier.

We're still talking about the WSM door, right?

That's not it either. Come on--make with the rub... everyone is waiting in baited suspense on you.

The door is upside down because some people feel that it provides a tighter fit and hence a better seal with less leakage of smoke.

Bruce B said:
The door is upside down because some people feel that it provides a tighter fit and hence a better seal with less leakage of smoke.

Thanks Bruce, since you provided the answer YOU get the Wolfe Rub!!! Merry Christmas!!

BTW LR, my WSM works fine with it on the "right" way! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]

Bruce B said:

Bingo!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bruce B":27unrpnf]The door is upside down because some people feel that it provides a tighter fit and hence a better seal with less leakage of smoke.

Thanks Bruce, since you provided the answer YOU get the Wolfe Rub!!! Merry Christmas!!

BTW LR, my WSM works fine with it on the "right" way! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif][/quote:27unrpnf]

That's not fair! As a result, you will NOT be getting a Christmas card this year--and next year is questionable now. [smilie=a_cry.gif]

LowRent said:
Bruce B said:

Bingo!

LOL, well some people believe if you die a Martyr you'll get 7 virgins in heaven too! :roll:

Someone is going to fit in great (like an upside down door), a wise ass who takes great pics...and is all ready angeling for a free sample....

wittdog said:
Someone is going to fit in great (like an upside down door), a wise ass who takes great pics...and is all ready angeling for a free sample....

"Fit in...?" Who else takes great pics around here? [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bruce B":3vq3n42c]The door is upside down because some people feel that it provides a tighter fit and hence a better seal with less leakage of smoke.

BTW LR, my WSM works fine with it on the "right" way! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif][/quote:3vq3n42c]

Hello Mr Short Term Memory. I told you that a long time ago. But I got enough rub now... so you can give it to the needy.

LowRent said:
wittdog said:

"Fit in...?" Who else takes great pics around here? [smilie=a_holyshit.gif]

Well we try! I'm gonna try the next pic's upside down to see if they turn out clearer!

BTW, very nice quality pic's.

Back
Top Bottom