Toasty Warm Super Bowl Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
It's toasty warm here, 28* and I'm cooking for the firehouse. Baked beans, cole slaw, 4 shoulders and a few fatties.
Fatties Ingredients
Rolled out Start filling

That last one is cleaning the grates from the shoulders cooking.

Man o man Nick :shock:
That is a hell of a spread!
Did you make the fatties from fresh meat you ground?

Even the crusty stuff burning off the grates smells good doesn't it ;)

Puff said:
Man o man Nick :shock:
That is a hell of a spread!
Did you make the fatties from fresh meat you ground?

Even the crusty stuff burning off the grates smells good doesn't it ;)

No, theses guys are great but the fd was footing the bill for materials only, not my time, so they got store bought Italian sausage sqweezed out of the casings!

cleglue said:
Nick,

What temp. did you take the fatties to?

It all looks great.

180*. I take no chances! When all was said and done, 35 guys showed up. Leftovers consisted of about 1/2 of a shoulder, 2 tablespoons of cole slaw ( I used Diva's KFC recipe) and maybe 4 tablespoons of beans (BTGG baked beans). The guys were very happy to bring the last of the pulled pork home! Oh yeah, the fatties, I could have made a couple more, they were gone in seconds! I did a little different than usually with those. Each one consisted of 1 pound of Italian sausage, either prisuto (sp) or genoa salami or pepperoni, thin layer of provolone cheese, than either mushrooms, or black olives or jalapenos, the another layer of cheese all rolled up and rubbed with your favorite rub and smoked to 180*. Took about 2 hours on the smoker.

Back
Top Bottom