Thought I'd do a little pork today (PIC ADDED)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
295 lbs of Pork went on the smoker this morning at 6:30 am (32 boston butts)

most I have ever done in one shot... the Lang is Packed!

It is gonna be a long day!

Business has been slow lately (non-existant really) and I needed money, so we took orders from friends/family...haven't done that in a while, so we ended up with over 130 lbs ordered. Maybe in a couple of days I can pay some bills.

Will post pics later...

OK... so I only took one pic... 20 butts on the bottom 12 on the top .... yielded 158 lbs of pulled pork. about 53%

what a day... 5:30 am to 7:30 pm ... the chopping/bagging process took all but 4 hours with the wifes help. Time for BEER

Re: Thought I'd do a little pork today

Wow thats a lot of pork. Might be a good time to get in the fresh lard bizness too. Best of fortunes to ya.

bigwheel

Re: Thought I'd do a little pork today

I was going to do three butts this weekend and thought that was a lot ... 32 Now that's a lot of PP, mine is just a snack :LOL: Good luck with it, I'm sure with the better weather business will turn, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Spring Break and graduation parties. I'll be interested to see the pictures.

Shores said:
Whoa! :shock: :D :D :D

That's a whole lot of butts on the smoker! How'd the Lang handle that big arse cook?

Worked great. It was PACKED! I don't think I would be putting any more on there. I ran it at 275 or so. Butts went on at 6:30 am, foiled at 1:30pm (160-170 degree range) and started coming off at 4:00 pm

Gary in VA said:
Shores said:
Whoa! :shock: :D :D :D

That's a whole lot of butts on the smoker! How'd the Lang handle that big arse cook?

Worked great. It was PACKED! I don't think I would be putting any more on there. I ran it at 275 or so. Butts went on at 6:30 am, foiled at 1:30pm (160-170 degree range) and started coming off at 4:00 pm

Sounds like it didn't skip a beat. Nice work. Your customers will be very happy!

Holy Cow Gary er or Pig :shock:
I fret over doin' 2 Boston Butts at one time :LOL:
They look great sittin' up in that big ole Lang!

8)

4 cases was alot to do in one day. I don't know if I'll be doing that much again. you see....I am kinda alergic to work... and that was a little too much like work chopping all that at one time. But, I did learn that my buffalo chopper will handle 2 butts at one time.

Back
Top Bottom