This Weekends's Menu 10/6-10/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Potluck dinner tonight. They asked me to bring PP. Problem is they asked me at 8:00 PM Friday. Thank God for Foodsaver. That will wipe out my frozen stock of PP! :cry: Got some chicken and a steak to grill for Sunday. I have some rub somebody wants me to try out for them. We've got a bash going on at the firehouse, as we are dedicating our new truck and boat.

Soccer tournament in Santa Barbara Sat/Sun...prolly going to eat something really bad....like an overcooked hamburger :x

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
ScottyDaQ said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":1a09k69q]Soccer tournament in Santa Barbara Sat/Sun...prolly going to eat something really bad....like an overcooked hamburger :x

Good luck!
With the overcooked hamburger? :?

I'm trying to figure out if she's playing or watching her kids?[/quote:1a09k69q]

What kids?? I am anti-kids. LMAO...you would have known if I did have any. BUT...I am playing, left forward and as a sub.

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1e3pzzcb]
Finney said:
ScottyDaQ said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":1e3pzzcb]Soccer tournament in Santa Barbara Sat/Sun...prolly going to eat something really bad....like an overcooked hamburger :x

Good luck!
With the overcooked hamburger? :?

I'm trying to figure out if she's playing or watching her kids?[/quote:1e3pzzcb]

What kids?? I am anti-kids. LMAO...you would have known if I did have any. BUT...I am playing, left forward and as a sub.[/quote:1e3pzzcb]
Good Luck!
Shut up Finney. :LOL:

It's been rainy in northern VA the last 3 days, and I had a 4+ lb. chicken approaching pull date, so I started the charcoal outside and fired the WSM inside the mouth of the garage. :D

Rub (sprinkle) is Wolfe Rub original. The can holder came from Home Depot; it's got apple juice in it (no beer in this household, and my wife didn't want me to waste her wine. ;) ).

After 2 hours.

Done after about 4 hours; juices clear, breast 175 degrees, drumstick 185 degrees. But I should have tested the thigh -- it was undercooked near the bone. :(

No pretty serving pictures -- I chunk 'em into quarters with a big chef's knife, not the most photogenic method of "carving."

--John 8)
(Wife doesn't care if it's not pretty; remember, she's been drinkin' wine. ;) )

Back
Top Bottom