This Weekend's Menue 9/29 - 10/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fresh turkey breasts are on sale so I'm gonna brine and smoke 1 or 2, not sure what day yet. I also have to do some chicken wings for a end of the year party we're having at work on Monday. I'm planning on doing some with Wolfe Rub Original and some with Wolfe Rub Bold. Probably won't sauce them with the normal Reverend Marvin/Honey combo, since they're gonna be eaten cold. But I still may, I dunno.

Finally getting settled in the new place, so I plan on once again taking on the Kingfisher Offset with a chicken. Results should be much better now that I got the scoop on how to operate it. Might even toss on a rack of ribs.

Hopefully, free 'q at oinktoberfest on Saturday, then homemade Itialian sausage with peppers and onions and some type of potato's sunday night..

Well Niki and I will be in Mocks Corner tomorrow for the Berkley Cook Off so thats handled . Might put a shoulder on the smoker for Sunday . I did get to the 2- 55 gallon steel drums for the new somker I want to build then I can think about getting into some of the competitons for myself when I can do butts, ribs or chickens.

WalterSC said:
Well Niki and I will be in Mocks Corner tomorrow for the Berkley Cook Off so thats handled . Might put a shoulder on the smoker for Sunday . I did get to the 2- 55 gallon steel drums for the new somker I want to build then I can think about getting into some of the competitons for myself when I can do butts, ribs or chickens.
HMMMMMMMMMMM. 2 55 gal drums....whatcha gonna do with them? Taking a lil walk on the Dark Side ;)

Thawed out some leftover(If you can believe it) Tri Tip.
Already seasoned with the Wolfe Rub Bold I grilled it with.
Added a little sweet onion, fresh mushrooms, & a can of "North American" steak sauce.
Also had some fresh saurkraut & mushroom pierogies from the local Polish mkt.. Here's a pic

As far as the rest of the weekend........WORK, WORK, WORK!!

I picked up a nice $2-off, 3-lb boneless chuck roast today, and my m-i-l fixed it in the pressure cooker for supper. It was every bit as tender and flavorful as anticipated. Nevertheless, I kept thinking about Griff's report on Wolfe Rubbed smoked chuck. I gotta try that.

The rest of the weekend it will be German food -- my bike club is having its annual Oktoberfest in the Catoctin Mtns, just down the hill from Camp David.

--John 8)
(German food almost always gives me heartburn, but so what?)

HMMMMMMMMMMM. 2 55 gal drums....whatcha gonna do with them? Taking a lil walk on the Dark Side ;)[/quote]

I am the Dark Side youngling!!!!!! :twisted:

Puff said:
Thawed out some leftover(If you can believe it) Tri Tip.
Already seasoned with the Wolfe Rub Bold I grilled it with.
Added a little sweet onion, fresh mushrooms, & a can of "North American" steak sauce.
Also had some fresh saurkraut & mushroom pierogies from the local Polish mkt.. Here's a pic

As far as the rest of the weekend........WORK, WORK, WORK!!
Good looking stuff! :D Saurkraut gives me gas. Still good stuff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom