This weekend's gig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Well, somebody asked for food pics so this time, I actually got some food in the pics. It is really difficult because my hands are always really greasy and saucy when the food is looking good! I forgot to get shots of the brisket sliced. Cooked for about 70 grateful folks in a real nice neighborhood. 20 racks of spares, 5 briskets, cowboy beans, redskin taters, slaw. It was a real good gig because it was a 7:00 pm serve on Saturday at a residence. This allows me to drop and set-up on Friday, and start cooking at 8:00 am on Saturday (8 lb flats only take about 10 hours!) Best ribs I have done yet and the brisket was stupendous! There were quite a few older jewish folks there who cut teeth on brisket when the rest of us didn't know for nothin! They all agreed it was the best they had ever had! Meant alot to me, but hey, I'm meshugina! Had a huge storm roll through at about 5:00 pm. I was actually scared! Lightening , wind, and thunder were awsome, but the EZ-Ups held! Upright temp dropped 50 degrees though! Luckily, I was pretty much done by then! Just got finished cleaning up my gear and organizing for next weekend's KCBS Michigan Cook-Off! Lots of pics then! Woody

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhoto ... 7933316109

Woodman said:
Well, somebody asked for food pics so this time, I actually got some food in the pics. It is really difficult because my hands are always really greasy and saucy when the food is looking good! I forgot to get shots of the brisket sliced. Cooked for about 70 grateful folks in a real nice neighborhood. 20 racks of spares, 5 briskets, cowboy beans, redskin taters, slaw. It was a real good gig because it was a 7:00 pm serve on Saturday at a residence. This allows me to drop and set-up on Friday, and start cooking at 8:00 am on Saturday (8 lb flats only take about 10 hours!) Best ribs I have done yet and the brisket was stupendous! There were quite a few older jewish folks there who cut teeth on brisket when the rest of us didn't know for nothin! They all agreed it was the best they had ever had! Meant alot to me, but hey, I'm meshugina! Had a huge storm roll through at about 5:00 pm. I was actually scared! Lightening , wind, and thunder were awsome, but the EZ-Ups held! Upright temp dropped 50 degrees though! Luckily, I was pretty much done by then! Just got finished cleaning up my gear and organizing for next weekend's KCBS Michigan Cook-Off! Lots of pics then! Woody

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhoto ... 7933316109

Pic's look great WoodCater!! Good luck next weekend!

Great looking food and pics Wood man. In #8 you look like a beaten man. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

Great pics Woody! Sounds like you have a lot of fun on your cater jobs! As far as women thinking your hot....did they see your shorts?

Nice looking rig, Woody. And super looking food. You did look a bit frazzled after the storm, but then I've never meet you. You might look that way all the time.

Griff

Hoss, the spare is mounted on the lograck, so it is actually about 30" from the main chamber. I have two EZ-UPS. They gap at the stacks and so far, there is only some very slight discoloration. now that is only after about 6 uses though. Woody

Back
Top Bottom