This weekends cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knine

Sous Chef
Satday meat,my first brisket . not as tender as i would like but had a nice taste and moist just not tender as i like . small pork sholder made chopped pork samiches .

then seafood sunday with fried shrimp . shrimp sause piquant and fried cat fish also seafood gumbo see da crab :P .

knine,

To get thumbnails that will enlarge out of PhotoBucket do this.

1. Click the box to the left of Select/Unselect All

2. Then click on Generate HTML and IMG code

3. Copy the third box down, IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended

4. Paste to forum and you're good to go.

knine said:
Satday meat,my first brisket . not as tender as i would like but had a nice taste and moist just not tender as i like . small pork sholder made chopped pork samiches .

then seafood sunday with fried shrimp . shrimp sause piquant and fried cat fish also seafood gumbo see da crab :P .

How did you do the briskit? what was the; Grate temp? internal temp? how many lbs was the uncooked briskit? I have gotten large briskits from old tough cows & they come out tough. I now get med size ones.
BTW you spell like me "sause" My excuse is beer ;)

What do you think went wrong with the brisket...didn't take to a high enough temp, didn't let it rest long enough..or just one ornery piece of meat?

ya i screwed them pics up :oops: . sorry people i will try not to do that again .

i think where i went wrong well i really dont know :scratch . i cooked it at 190dec for 6hrs and let it rest fat cap up for well over night around 8hrs before cutting . it was a small flat about 5-6lbs .

well my spelling is only as good as my speed in typing .

Back
Top Bottom