This weekends cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow Rich that's alot of food brother! Thanks for sharing the pics! What is that thing on the counter next to the meat that looks like a bowling ball? Is that a mini keg? Good looking dog too, is that a Shar Pei?

Larry,

It's an "eight-ball" I believe. 1/8th of a keg of beer, for the homebrew he is drinking.

Bruce B said:
Larry,

It's an "eight-ball" I believe. 1/8th of a keg of beer, for the homebrew he is drinking.

Well I need to get me one of those! Thanks Bruce!

Larry Wolfe said:
Wow Rich that's alot of food brother! Thanks for sharing the pics! What is that thing on the counter next to the meat that looks like a bowling ball? Is that a mini keg? Good looking dog too, is that a Shar Pei?

I didn't cook as much as in the pictures. I selected the 6 largest briskets and cooked those and only cooked 12 butts from the 2 cases.

The dog is a Shar-Pei we adopted last Thanksgiving from Lancaster PA.
His name is Gentleman Jack, he's 7 and loves brisket.

The beer was from a Super bowl wager and I don't know about the little keg other then it's pretty cool.

brian j said:
now that i'm at home i'm able to check out the pics. looks great. how are you going to reheat those flats?

Last year the chief and I sliced the (thawed) briskets, fanned them out in
full chafing pan, Poured boiling smoke stock over the ( I ended up with a gallon of it) then into a warming cabinet.

Green Hornet said:
Nice food dude. Where did you get the statue of John Pens old avatar? :eek:

In 2003 at the Jack Daniel's contest we tied for first in the chiefs choice category and lost the tie breaker. At the time the Jack only recognized one team for the extra categories (they since changed it to the top three). My teammates bought it at the gift shop and presented me with it. I added the Harpoon sticker on his hat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom