This Is What Barbecue Means To Me - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #11
BBQ Centralite

My guess is Ludi isn't cooking traditional BBQ either, that is unless he is digging a hole in the ground each time he cooks (Taken to its ultimate extreme, some would label stick burners as crutches). Now that's traditional old school BBQ but I don't wan't any part of it but I wouldn't mind partaking in the fruits of someone else's labor who has done it that way.

Hey it's the 21st first century. Time to embrace both the old method with the new. My guess is BBQ today is better than it was 200 years ago. Just my opinion though.

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Old 04-08-2005, 09:00 AM   #12
Official BBQ Central Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexLaw
LudiChris,

Without a doubt, you are a highly experienced and old school cook. You have a great deal of experience that I hope you are willing to share with the rest of the forum. Maybe you can even pick up a few things from the rest of us.

While we appreciate that, we all also know that you have quite a hair up your hiney about cooking methods. You've shared your opinion on the matter more than once over here, already, and you know full well the audience you're talking to.

As Woodman alluded, just about everyone else on this board has at least one reason why we cannot or will not cook with hardwood coals we burned down on our own. Whatever the reason is, whether time or expense or available cooking area, that reason is real and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. From time to time, we may get a wistful, far away look and wonder what might be if we could cook like you do. However, the fact is that we all enjoy our time and make an excellent product that pleases us and those around us.

Please allow me to state that again - We all enjoy our time and make an excellent product that pleases us and those around us. That is what barbeque means to me.

Now, if you would like to stop preaching and start teaching, I would be honored to learn from someone with your experience and your unusual, fortunate circumstances that have allowed you to gain that experience. However, if you would rather continue your condescending muckraking, then you're just about to read my last word to you.

TL
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Old 04-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #13
BBQ Centralite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finney
Hey WoodOffset,
I'm not trying to stir the pot anymore than it is. Don't think it needs it. You guys will keep this one going without me.
But I don't think Ludi would be including you in there either. You're not cooking OVER coals burnt down from hardwood.
What????????? In that case, THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #14
Official BBQ Central Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finney
Hey WoodOffset,
I'm not trying to stir the pot anymore than it is. Don't think it needs it. You guys will keep this one going without me.
But I don't think Ludi would be including you in there either. You're not cooking OVER coals burnt down from hardwood.
What????????? In that case, THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:17 AM   #15

LMAO!! It's "Let's pound on LudiChris" these last few days ~ Who's it gonna be next week???

Old 04-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #16

well Steve, to help you cut your losses, I'll give you 25 bucks for your WSM.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:26 AM   #17

$30!!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #18
BBQ Central College

What a load of crap!!!!!!!!

"opinion" according to Webster:

A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

So, what LudiChris is saying is, that you must use hardwood, burned down to coals, to do "traditional barbcue". But,then he says "hardwood lump (which is hardwood burned down to coals) is the best way to do it wrong,"I must be a real dumbass.

Al

The early bird might get the worm...but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR
Now I understand the choice of screen name.
LMAO!! Took you long enough!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Al
What a load of crap!!!!!!!!

"opinion" according to Webster:

A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.

So, what LudiChris is saying is, that you must use hardwood, burned down to coals, to do "traditional barbcue". But,then he says "hardwood lump (which is hardwood burned down to coals) is the best way to do it wrong,"I must be a real dumbass.

Al
Yeah I heard he was a Yankee fan too!