This is Ridiculous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
30 BUCKS FOR A FRECKEN TRI TIP!!!!!! What is this world coming to? Just a few years ago Tri Tip was less than $3 bucks a pound. It wasn't long ago this crap was ground into hamburger. Good marketing though. Price a tough cut crappy meat at $30 and you create a perception that’s its prime rib.
Thank God for Restaurant Depot where It’s as low as $2.50 a lb.

How many of you remember when grocery stores gave away chicken wings? Then along came the Anchor Bar/Grill.

At those prices, maybe I should be glad I can't get Tri Tip down here in the Tropics. :? :roll:

BOB

Damn BBquzz the power is still out down there? Most of it my way has been restored. Toledo had something like 300,000 with out power the other day.

Be hearing about that massive power outages. Sorry about the lost meat..glad they got yall plugged back in without a heat stroke or something. Or is you still in the dark? Costco is the only place I ever seen any Tri Trips. My left wing liberal big brudder from Sunny CA claims to like to cook them on his gasser. Figgered if he like them there is prob something wrong. He like to eat octopus and stuff too..yuck.

Max said:
Damn BBquzz the power is still out down there? Most of it my way has been restored. Toledo had something like 300,000 with out power the other day.

My home in Ohio has been out for 9 days and that is in the city, fortunately I'm up on Mullett Lake in Michigan and have great weather and power. The other fortunate thing is I brought 9 frozen Tri Tips up here, so I didn't lose 21 only 12.

ever notice that food prices go up, but never come down? I hate that,
cause I'm making the same money I did 12 years ago.

Yep...figgered that out years back. Everything goes up cept the paycheck. Funny how that works.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the cost of beef (meat in general) will see a huge jump in cost very soon; and will most likely stay up for several months; possibly for almost 2 years. The US cattle herd is down to the lowest point since around 1940ish. The drought across Texas and the planes states has had a dramatic negative impact of the corn, wheat and soy bean crops across the country. This will cause an increase in food cost across all fronts. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeppers..I have instructed the Warden we are moving over to plan B...which is beans and rice and rice and beans. Pharaphrasing James Ramsey of course...or maybe it was his Brother Dave..I get them two mixed up a lot:)

Back
Top Bottom