Thermometer For Weber 22.5 OTG - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
BBQ NOOB

Thermometer For Weber 22.5 OTG

Ok, so this probably isn't the right thread but there really doesn't seem to be an appropriate spot and, quite frankly, I don't think any of you will care where I ask the question. I recently picked up a slightly used 22.5 Weber OTG from someone who didn't use it. I want to add a thermometer to it so naturally I thought about picking up one from Weber. I called their customer service line and they were a pain in the arse to deal with. They literally would not sell me a therm since it isn't stock on the OTG. I have seen many people modify their OTG to add a therm, many with a therm from a WSM. My question to the experts....Where the hell can I buy a therm for WSM? Needless to say, Weber was useless to me...

Old 02-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #2

Re: Thermometer For Weber 22.5 OTG

I think this is the guy I bought these from for my Chaney barrel grill, they work well. http://is.gd/o7auIu

• KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
BBQ NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001Heel
Ok, so this probably isn't the right thread but there really doesn't seem to be an appropriate spot and, quite frankly, I don't think any of you will care where I ask the question. I recently picked up a slightly used 22.5 Weber OTG from someone who didn't use it. I want to add a thermometer to it so naturally I thought about picking up one from Weber. I called their customer service line and they were a pain in the arse to deal with. They literally would not sell me a therm since it isn't stock on the OTG. I have seen many people modify their OTG to add a therm, many with a therm from a WSM. My question to the experts....Where the hell can I buy a therm for WSM? Needless to say, Weber was useless to me...
Try calling Blackhawk Hardware in Charlotte NC. I buy all my Webber stuff from them.

http://blackhawkhardware.com/grilling-department/
704-525-2682
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
God O'Que

I use this one in my OTG. http://www.amazon.com/Weber-62538-9815- ... 892&sr=1-1

I just put a wine cork on it and stick it in one of the exhaust vents.
Weber Jumbo Joe
UDS
Weber Q100
Santa Maria Style Grill

John
Vermin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
BBQ NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001Heel
Try calling Blackhawk Hardware in Charlotte NC. I buy all my Webber stuff from them.

http://blackhawkhardware.com/grilling-department/
704-525-2682
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check this place out.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
Saint O'Que

I picked one up from lowes. Drilled out the rivet on the exhaust and put it on there. Worked great and did not have to drill throught the steel and risk the proslin cracking.

Tri Tip is offline   Reply With Quote