There is this smoker on my porch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
There is a Brinkman Smoke and Grill on my back porch that was left by the people before me. It has been out in the rain for the last three years and I never really paid it any attention. Since I am now about to buy a WSM I pulled out that old smoker and looked it over. It is a electric model with lava rocks in the bottom. There are two cooking grates in place but no water pan. I drilled a hole in it and put a thermometer in. It held steady at 300 deg on the dry run. I think I am going to put something on tommorrow. I will let you know how that goes.

I had one of those when I lived in Orlando. Couldn't keep the temps down on it though, even with water in it and it was on a long extension cord too. I left it at the curb when I moved. BBQ boards weren't big back then but if they were, I would probably have kept it.

Just to be a pain in the a$$, while you're at it figure out
what size trash bag it'll take. They make a neat trash can for the grilling area! :(

The elements in those have a tendency to burn out and cost more to replace than it would to buy a new one!

On the other hand, I hope it works perfectly for you!
Nothing like an unknown treasure being resurected!

-YB

What a mess,
burnt the chickens, burnt the brats, and burnt the ends of the ribs. The wife, the kids, and myself ate burnt chicken and ribs like it was the best we ever had. I can't wait till I get a real smoker.

If the cooking grates are in good shape, hang onto them. I use one from my old Brinkmann, set on top of the WSM charcoal grate (at 90 degrees) which helps keep small pieces of lump charcoal from falling through. You could also use one as a 3rd cooking grate in the WSM to increase the cooking capacity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom