The Works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gomer1

Senior Cook
So I decided to do a brisket this weekend, did a flat once before this will be my first packer.

It has been a while since I have BBQ'd so I figured I would do a pork butt too.. but why do one when you can do 2? Then I invited 10-15 people over (maybe more who knows what may happen..) Someone requested chicken. So I am now making a 11lbs brisket 2 7+ lbs Pork Butts and a 4lbs chicken (Beer Can Style). Gonna do some slaw and Mac and Cheese, my friend Eric is coming over early tomorrow to bake some cookies or something as well hehe. Anyhow heres a slow start:

And just to keep the stereotype up.. it is raining in Seattle, and it isn't going to be letting up soon. Got my little tent up and everything is good to go.

Man Greg, you're a cooking maniac!!! Those are some big ole' butts! You're friends are going to be happy!!

Fine looking butts.

Who in thier right mind would request chicken over brisket and pulled pork ? :shock:

Looks good so far. Need more pics. ;)

Lot of the friends coming over today are first timers to true BBQ. They don't even know what they are getting yet. I am out in Seattle and I work w/ people from a lot of different cultures and some just tend to prefer bird I guess. But nothing stops most folks from trying some of my meat at least. I have a vegetarian try some of my xmas ham :)

Just put my brisket on the WSM, just a salt and pepper rub.

Got a little lazy about getting the pics up, but better late than never. The brisket was probably the best food I have ever made.. The pork was good and I forgot to take pics of my ABTs and chicken I did. A big thanks to Larry for his help and suggestions on everything.

Back
Top Bottom