The plan for this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really not fair... I want to be drinking and smoking (both food and cigs), but I am stuck at work! Three and a half more hours... I might have to fake a belly ache or something...

Such lucky people to be off work right now. My husband work 4 ten hour shifts and has 3 day weekends. I would love that. When you have already been at the office for 9 hours (I stay here through lunch) what really is 2 more hours in exchange for getting that extra day on the weekend?

We're bbqing tomorrow - might go out tonight, so it probaby wont be an early start.

allisonandrews said:
This is really not fair... I want to be drinking and smoking (both food and cigs), but I am stuck at work! Three and a half more hours... I might have to fake a belly ache or something...

Such lucky people to be off work right now. My husband work 4 ten hour shifts and has 3 day weekends. I would love that. When you have already been at the office for 9 hours (I stay here through lunch) what really is 2 more hours in exchange for getting that extra day on the weekend?

We're bbqing tomorrow - might go out tonight, so it probaby wont be an early start.
You'll have your day tomarrow or a belly ache sounds like a good idea. Them jello shot's are tastey :grin:

brian j said:
be careful with the pine coals from the xmas tree... it'll turn your food bitter.

true that, brian, thanks....although that old xmas tree is so dry and brown it almost immediately turns to ash....especially after a couple of hours of kiln-dried red oak thrown on top.....nice to have a neighbor that works at a custom lumber shop :grin:

Rob

chris1237 said:
cflatt said:
Chris, I dodnt know what part of PA youre in, but where do you go to get your meat ?

I get most of my meat from Shady Maple I am in douglassville. It is about 1/2 drive form my house. But it is close to my dads store. So alot of the time Ill get stuff by the case and freeze it. Somtimes ill got to other places but that is not often.
here is a link
http://www.shady-maple.com/

Chris

Ahhh, Shady Maple. When I was a youngster we would make the trip up through Honeybrook and the Amish farms to shop at Shady Maple. The meat market and luchmeats were the best in the area. The Amish Horse and buggy rigs would be tied up out front. Cool memories, Thanks!

Jack

Well we had a blast and ate our faces off. Here are the pics of the food we managed to get. Not pictured are the Pens Brisket & BBQ sauce app (they didn’t stick around long enough for pics), the Jell-O egg shots, ABT’s, the garnish (green salad that was never put out), fruit salad (which again wasn’t put out) and the pound cake for dessert. And finally the many adult bev consumed. We had a ton of food, we probably could have feed the whole forum. Some of the pics have been altered to protect the innocent and the guilty.

Mozzarella Smores

John Pen at the Grill (he demanded that he be allowed to cook the steaks he brought)

Mrs. Pen eating a M S’more

Plate of Food

A good time was had by all.

You should have blurred out John's belly instead of his face :eek: (or both :eek: )
Looks like a great time with great eats :!: =D>

wittdog said:
Puff said:
You should have blurred out John's belly instead of his face :eek: (or both :eek: )Looks like a great time with great eats :!: =D>
He weighed 150lbs before we started eating.
Man I gots to come eat at your'e house :eek:

ok, now i finally get a chance to put in my .02 SOME of us had to work at real jobs today while others got to play with fire...

Anyway, I got home just in time--pen's arrived when I did. We started eating at 4:30 and didn't stop till about 8 (and even then there was still room for jello :bar:

The apps that john brought were awesome-- his homemade bbq sauce rocks (thanks for the sample jar!). The mozz. smores were also great--cheese, bread, mmmm....

As usual, food was scarce, if 50 more people had shown up, we definitely would have run out.... :ack:

the guys had time to talk strategy for oinktoberfest, but i probably shouldn't get into that....

good time, looking forward to round three next time

Wittdogs B said:
ok, now i finally get a chance to put in my .02 SOME of us had to work at real jobs today while others got to play with fire...

Anyway, I got home just in time--pen's arrived when I did. We started eating at 4:30 and didn't stop till about 8 (and even then there was still room for jello :bar:

The apps that john brought were awesome-- his homemade bbq sauce rocks (thanks for the sample jar!). The mozz. smores were also great--cheese, bread, mmmm....

As usual, food was scarce, if 50 more people had shown up, we definitely would have run out.... :ack:

the guys had time to talk strategy for oinktoberfest, but i probably shouldn't get into that....

good time, looking forward to round three next time
Speaking of playing with fire.......... :horse: I wasn't hearing that when you were having a when harry met sally moment while eating the ribs......
3 Batches of eggs shots wasn't enough we need more for next time.....

Plans for here in Denmark SC are going well , got us a picnic pork shoulder , some sweet yellow corn , watermelon and assorted stuff our guest will bring. My local preacher scored some pecan wood ( figured I would give that a try) , he even cut it up with his chain saw so it will fit in the side fire box . Its my first time doing a shoulder so any help or ideas would be appreciated ?? The Boston butts I have covered , LOL. And yes PICS wil be taken and if Puff is so inclined posted as well. I am planing on a all night cook in the back yard , getting the beer tomorrow. I got some rub and some Italian dressing to inject into the shoulder. Probably add some venison sausage for snacks while the cooking is going on , got some stone ground mustard for dipping .

WalterSC said:
Plans for here in Denmark SC are going well , got us a picnic pork shoulder , some sweet yellow corn , watermelon and assorted stuff our guest will bring. My local preacher scored some pecan wood ( figured I would give that a try) , he even cut it up with his chain saw so it will fit in the side fire box . Its my first time doing a shoulder so any help or ideas would be appreciated ?? The Boston butts I have covered , LOL. And yes PICS wil be taken and if Puff is so inclined posted as well. I am planing on a all night cook in the back yard , getting the beer tomorrow. I got some rub and some Italian dressing to inject into the shoulder. Probably add some venison sausage for snacks while the cooking is going on , got some stone ground mustard for dipping .
Walter it sounds like a great time. Pecan is nice but IMHO it's slightly melloer than hickory. I would treat the shoulder like a butt. Just my .02

Speaking of playing with fire.......... :horse: I wasn't hearing that when you were having a when harry met sally moment while eating the ribs......
3 Batches of eggs shots wasn't enough we need more for next time.....[/quote]

I just don't know what I like better-- your ribs or your sausage.

Wittdogs B said:
wittdog said:
3 Batches of eggs shots wasn't enough we need more for next time.....

I just don't know what I like better-- your ribs or your sausage.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :grin:

Steak looks awesome! =P~ Now I know why John wanted to cook! :razz: :razz:

The Joker said:
Steak looks awesome! =P~ Now I know why John wanted to cook! :razz: :razz:
And Jean said that John can't grill :) I also made them make their own appetizers that’s why the mozzarella smores look so good. :razz: He was pretty adamant about wanting to cook those steaks. He came in and was just barking out orders, I barley had the hello out of my mouth before he had a beer in is hand……Last time they came over I told him I would buy the first case……………….I guess cases of beer in Lewiston come in the 48 pack…..I know I’m going to pay for this……. Knowing the Pens next time a whole beer truck will probably show up here. John called and asked if we needed anything I told him no it’s fun to rib but for the record the Pens are some of the most generous and good hearted people I know and we are looking forward to our next grazing event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom