The plan for this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cflatt said:
man, i was about half way there when I went to Sams today in Exton. glad to know about it though. I will have to make the trip some time soon.

Hey cflatt where are you located?

allisonandrews said:
Jell-o shots can sneak up on you quickly. In April, I made about 70 shots for a music festival campout. (5 days long). I made one batch on the weak side and one batch on the strong side. We were at the concert the first night (private - only 300 tickets sold that night). I had been drinking beer during the day, but was no where near drunk. It had been raining on us, so it just wasn't chugging beer kind of weather. Well, in the middle of the concert, we ran out of beer (we were just bringing a few with us at a time), so my husband went back to the camper. I told him to grab me a few shots as I was feeling NOTHING from the beer. Well, I was also hungry. Hunger and jell-o shots do not match. I think I sat there and ate 10 of them in a row. And, yep, you guessed it, hubby grabbed the strong ones. At the end of the concert, I stood up to fold up my chair and immediately went back down... It was a very long and difficult walk/climb back to our camper that was on the other side of the park.

Divorce that man and marry me immediately.

Nope. I'm not much into country music myself, but I like a bit of Texas Country. I mainly like the camping part at LJT. We've been going for about 6 or so years. About 4 years ago, they moved the festival to Stephenville, our home-town, so now the festival is sort of like a high school reunion. (We graduated in 97).

We're talking about going to the Tommy Alverson Family Gathering this year in Glen Rose, but I don't know if we will or not. The camping looks like it is very close together and probably not enough room to bring the smoker.

I've got a lot of pictures up on my webshots account if you want to see any from this year. Probably some of the last albums...

I have found that Bicardi Island Breeze makes some of the best jello shots. It is low calorie flavored rum. Even normally, you can't taste much alcohol in it, but combine it with jello and you can't taste hardly any alcohol.

Well after running around like the idiot that I am I think everything is prepped. I should have done the beans last night………..Two quick questions, I can’t decide what smells better in the morning cherry or hickory? And if it is shaped like an egg do Jell-O shots constitute a good breakfast? I’ll try to post pics later of today’s get together. Now it’s my favorite time of the day, watch Buford do his thing and lay back in the hammock and balance my nutritional needs with some barley sammies……

wittdog said:
Well after running around like the idiot that I am I think everything is prepped. I should have done the beans last night………..Two quick questions, I can’t decide what smells better in the morning cherry or hickory? And if it is shaped like an egg do Jell-O shots constitute a good breakfast? I’ll try to post pics later of today’s get together. Now it’s my favorite time of the day, watch Buford do his thing and lay back in the hammock and balance my nutritional needs with some barley sammies……
Damn! :grin: :grin: Now, I've started early before but Jesus! :grin: :grin:
Y'all have a great time!! :(

The Joker said:
wittdog said:
Damn! :grin: :grin: Now, I've started early before but Jesus! :grin: :grin:
Y'all have a great time!! :(
If I had worked last night. 9:00 am would be the equivelent of 7:00pm. :grin:

Oh yeah, Hickory and Cherry both smell good in the morning but I'm partial to Cherry. :!:

Well, If he's starting so am I....A little Stoli Orange on the rocks as I prep...

Now lets see..was it liquor before beer, never fear......beer before liquor, never sicker..I dont remember.. #-o

Nostrovia! Don't drink to much that's a long drive........A decorated Lewiston Police Officer has been arrested for indecent exposure. He has been placed on admin. leave…….. He was found not guilty do to lack of evidence…..
:lmao:

wittdog said:
Nostrovia! Don't drink to much that's a long drive........A decorated Lewiston Police Officer has been arrested for indecent exposure. He has been placed on admin. leave…….. He was found not guilty do to lack of evidence…..

Not me..been up for to long to take that chance..Mrs. P will be chaufering my drunk, tired but happy butt to the Wittarossa....

john pen said:
wittdog said:

Not me..been up for to long to take that chance..Mrs. P will be chaufering my drunk, tired but happy butt to the Wittarossa....
I was talking about filling up and then having to pee on the side of the road, indecent exposure lack of evidence.....
Remind me to give you some pecan and apple wood to take home.

Captain Morgan said:
looks good. I'm starvin. Doing 4 butts this weekend, but proably not till tomorrow. Just popped my first beer...ahhh...
I'll drink to that cappy. I'm doing 2 butts tomarow on the WSM

got a couple of small butts (6# each), and some kielbasa to put on the WSM tomorrow. also picked up 10# of chicken tender meat ($1.39/lb) :grin: .. having a nice little bonfire tomorrow nite (annual burning of the xmas tree) and will probably use some coals from the bonfire (the rest of the fire is kiln dried hardwoods) to run the hibachi so we can have various sates...

Rob (who is definately ready for a beer and can't have one yet.... :-X )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom