The old farm smokehouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
our county museum has a working farm that recreates life
from the early 1900's in the Carolinas. Yesterday the had
a special event all about the pig, showing how the whole
thing was taken care of ...it was a blast

Jim that is really cool, as a life long Yankee it would be educational to attend an event like that. I once saw a hogs head in the cooler at Kroger and had no idea what it was used for ... Now I know. Saw your post on FB, thanks for sharing more over here.

I've got more pics, but the battery in my cell phone died...trying to revive it.

The bad part is, I don't think they have a license to allow samples...inside
the farmhouse a sweet gal was frying up some hog jowls, had a great big
ol' plate of em, but didn't offer me a one. :(

Captain Morgan said:
I've got more pics, but the battery in my cell phone died...trying to revive it.

The bad part is, I don't think they have a license to allow samples...inside
the farmhouse a sweet gal was frying up some hog jowls, had a great big
ol' plate of em, but didn't offer me a one. :(

I guess you didn't tell them who you are! ;)

That pig had a surprised look on it's face. Why did he think he was getting free food all these months.

They got em stacked up like cord wood at the big mexican grocery stores fairly close to my crib. Or maybe that is just for Christmas. I forget right now. Surely there is ethnic type markets in Noo Yawk where you can snag a few. I heard about a guy who was threatening to go buy a carload and throw them over the fence of the fancy new Mosque he know about. But then he got to thinking of g men and surveillance cameras and stuff like that..so it went to a just kidding type deal.

wittdog said:
I'd love to find some hog head.

Sent from my intergalactic communicator using Tapatalk

Now Crystal could make any old farm house look good. We need more pics of her and less of pig heads. Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom