The Big Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff said:
It seems the brisket I bought for smokin' sat,, has become my daughter's baby!
She has totally adopted the 11lb briskket as her own!
I'm not sure how to break the news to her sat., that her "baby will be smoked & eaten
reminded me about 10 ars ago I went in halves on a Brahama calf. My job was to feed it Mollasses and corn twice a day to fatten her up cuz we had her penned off I-95 in back of a CrackerBarrel restaurant. The other partner said. "don't name it cuz you will get attached to it" well I decided on "Buttercup" and made the mistake of bringing the kiddies a couple times to feed ol Buttercup. They asked about a month after she was butchered..."Can we feed Buttercup?" I opened the freezer and showed them the meat wrapped in butcher paper and told them "Buttercup is going to feed us now" My son laffed, my daughter was horrified. #-o

Green Hornet said:
Puff said:
It seems the brisket I bought for smokin' sat,, has become my daughter's baby!
She has totally adopted the 11lb briskket as her own!
I'm not sure how to break the news to her sat., that her "baby will be smoked & eaten
reminded me about 10 ars ago I went in halves on a Brahama calf. My job was to feed it Mollasses and corn twice a day to fatten her up cuz we had her penned off I-95 in back of a CrackerBarrel restaurant. The other partner said. "don't name it cuz you will get attached to it" well I decided on "Buttercup" and made the mistake of bringing the kiddies a couple times to feed ol Buttercup. They asked about a month after she was butchered..."Can we feed Buttercup?" I opened the freezer and showed them the meat wrapped in butcher paper and told them "Buttercup is going to feed us now" My son laffed, my daughter was horrified. #-o
Damn! I swore I'd never lie to my youngins but I think I would have in your case. :eek: But that's me.. :!:

I don't know I did a small suckling pig last summer and my kids named him "Tony". They had no problem eating "Tony" the next day. As a matter of fact they want to do another one this year. Tony came out nice it looked cool for presentation but was kind of a waste as far as yield. If you look close you can see "Tony" on my avatar. Got to love Photoshop.

Yall look kind of silly to me! Yall were holding that brisket upside down! You could do time for that in Texas! :eek: :grin: Great looking family Puff. :!:

zilla said:
Yall look kind of silly to me! Yall were holding that brisket upside down! You could do time for that in Texas! :eek: :grin: Great looking family Puff. :!:
It wasn't a briket Zilla, it was a baby :!:
Glad I'm not in Texas :eek: (how much time :eek: )

Back
Top Bottom