"The Best Stop" Chicken & Prasek's Hillje Smok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I BBQ'd two whole chickens with some great seasoning I bought at "The Best Stop" while visiting S. Louisiana in May 2009. I smoked the meat with "Tabasco Wood Barrel" Chips. Also cooked two links of Prasek's Hillje Smokehouse. Everything came out delicious.

VIMEO

<object width="700" height="394"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4726735&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4726735&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=1&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="700" height="394"></embed></object>

The Best Stop Cajun Chicken from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.</p>

YOUTUBE

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ipo0g8jdoDU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ipo0g8jdoDU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

sany20238896751.jpg

sany20258913695.jpg

sany20298936676.jpg

sany20319037854.jpg

sany20339050623.jpg

sany20359063983.jpg

sany20409096641.jpg

sany20469226130.jpg

sany20509262838.jpg

Looks like some fine eating there SS!

So how do you like those Tabasco wood chips. If I find them around here I'll have to give them a try.

Tony M said:
Looks like some fine eating there SS!

So how do you like those Tabasco wood chips. If I find them around here I'll have to give them a try.
Thank you. The wood chips had a pleasant mild flavor and aroma. Nothing like I have ever used before. I will use them on different types of meats in the coming future. ;)

Hey Sapo looks like you done a fine job as usual. Thanks for the repoat on the wood and rub and stuff. Sure somebody prob buy some mailorder if they have a link or phone number etc. That is a cute little sausage hangar. Obviously some januine Aggie/Southern Injuneering on that one. :LOL:

bigwheel

JohnnyReb said:
i have been wanting to try those tabasco chips...Hrrmmm

THANKS SAPO !!

They is over rated & priced. Make em you self Boy's.

For 1lb of dry oak (prefered) or hicorey chips add enough water to cover em In a NON REACTIVE container (PLASTIC),
Then pour in about 16oz Tabasco sauce. Or use straight tabasco sauce & no water.
Cover with tightly with saran rap :LOL: & let em soak, the longer the better. 1 to 4 weeks. Drain & Set em out in the sun
(if thats available where you stay :twisted: )
or a dry warm place fur a while till dry....

Down here they sell cajun hot sauce by the gallon for under $5 bucks

JohnnyReb said:

THANKS SAPO !!

JohnnReb, If you want some shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up man. I only bought them to help Louisiana since it's a poor state that depends on the oil industry and tourism. Mesquite is much better smokin wood... :D

surfinsapo said:
JohnnyReb said:

THANKS SAPO !!

JohnnReb, If you want some shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up man. I only bought them to help Louisiana since it's a poor state that depends on the oil industry and tourism. Mesquite is much better smokin wood... :D

heh...we have some at the warehouse where i work (get a discount :D )
we also have budweiser beechwood chips
havent tried either yet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom