The Best Rub Made in the History of Mankind!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BchrisL

Senior Cook
img_158124_0_4904c5c13322db58a513cc12578f4257.jpg

I made the perfect chicken/fish rub for grilling. It is the best I have ever tasted. It browns beautifully on the surface of the meat. It has a subtle tase that builds in your mouth after an initial burst of flavor when you bite into the meat.

I just didn't write down the proportions and all of the ingredients, so now all I have is a little shaker bottle left and when that is gone so is the best rub ever made. I could kick myself for not weighing and writing down the components, but I was in a hurry to get some wings started for dinner after a long commute home, and I threw together some things I had leftover in the pantry and put it in a shaker.

So to the rest of you: WRITE IT DOWN when you experement, you might just stumble onto a gem and want to make it over and over. :roll: :cry: :evil:

Basically it has this:
celery seed
black pepper
dry mustard
salt
onion powder
paprika
maybe some garlic powder, but I can't remember.

I just did not record the proportions.

Obie has some stuff called Steakmaker which we have been using for the past few years on grilled items..steaks..burgers..pork chops etc. Well sir here the other day over the July 4th weekend it behooved me to cook a slightly less than 14 pound packer brisket on little Brinkmann Electric Gourmet. I looked all around for rub but couldnt find any which looked too appealing so I wound up using the Steakmaker as a brisket rub...on top of a mustard slather (was out of Wooster too cuz that whut I normally use to wet it down a little) All I can say is wowser. That brisket was an absoloute killer. Best I ever ate I do believe. Yall need to try it sometime. Will nearly ghurantee it will from henceforth be your favorite brisket rub. Also aint bad for grilling.

http://www.obiecue.com/

bigwheel

The main thing is that it was good one time... I do that all the time too.. just go on with life now... forget about it! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom