The American Classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually eat my hot dogs two ways:
Mustard and sauerkraut.
Mustard and cole slaw.

The mustard is yellow (French's or Plockman's).

Very rarely I'll have one with chili and onions.

No ketchup. And no mixing of chili and slaw. [smilie=a_disconcerted.gif]

Chuckwagoncook said:
why is k r a u t censored?

The Politically Correct Filter probably considers it a slur against people of German lineage. "Sauerkraut" seems to be okay, though.

HFD26 said:
How about the Chicago dog? Heard a lot about them but never tried it. They sound intresting.

Hard to find that one outside of the upper Mid west. Chicago dogs, drug though the garden as they say, don't sound appealing to me, but I'll try one if given the opportunity.

Nick we had a hot dog vendor with Sabretts down here for a while
until he died. I hit him every time I saw him...dang good dogs.
We can get Sabretts in our stores down here now.

So Jim, did you eat all 3 of them dogs? They look tasty.
BTW I have some dogs to cook at Oinktoberfest, I'm sure that D (wittdogs 5 year old) son can handle it, he's bringing his own grill. I tell ya that boy will be a pit master till he figures out the 'fuzzy triangle' :LOL:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
So Jim, did you eat all 3 of them dogs? They look tasty.
BTW I have some dogs to cook at Oinktoberfest, I'm sure that D (wittdogs 5 year old) son can handle it, he's bringing his own grill. I tell ya that boy will be a pit master till he figures out the 'fuzzy triangle' :LOL:
Pigs D is cooking lunch Friday....and the girls at preschool are already giving him the HI DAVID looks

so this thread made me buy dogs at the store...Hebrew Nats were on sale, so I got a couple packs of them. Slaw and mustard, for the football
games today. I luvs me some hot dogs.

Captain Morgan said:
ahh..hollyeats hot dog page....check out Hillbilly hot dogs. Turn your speakers on.

Franchise opportunities coming Captain. Here's your second chance!

Overhead appears low too judging by the seats and napkins! :D

We buy Ekrich hot dogs. I don't ever see anything but commercials for Hebrew National so have never tried them. When I lived in Georgia, I always ate Oscar Meyer beef hot dogs, but those aren't readily available where I live now in Indiana. Charred off the grill or roasted on a stick over an open fire is the best!

Here's the link for my favorite!
http://www.hollyeats.com/ConeyIsland.htm

Hey Allie..your link aint quite clickable..leave out the URL part on the end sorta like unto this:

http://www.hollyeats.com/ConeyIsland.htm

That do look mighty tasty. Good chili dawgs is one of my favorite food groups..but I like my buns grilled not steamed. Nathan's makes some real good weenies if you aint never tried em give em a shot. Think I like em quite a bit mo betta than the Hebrew Nationals..which strikes me as being too salty sometimes.

bigwheel

Thanks Uncle BW! I didn't even realize that URL was in there. I love their coney dogs! They are starting to expand a bit and we have one of their shops about 10 miles for us. Lots nicer than having to drive the 40 miles to Fort Wayne and then go downtown to get to it!

I love the Sahlen hot dogs (also a buffalo thing I believe)...My fav is grilled with ketchup, Webers hot mustard/relish, onions and pickles. I also like them naked in a roll ! (the dogs, not me)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom