The all new,,,, Chaney Santa Maria has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Drove out the Lakewood yesterday to pick up this first of a kind prototype. I told Chaney I want a Santa Maria Grill but didn’t want a separate grill to add to the arsenal of grill and smoker crap I already have. The wife was an easy sell, since it meant that there would not be another grill in the yard. We brainstormed on the design for a few months and this one needed no modifications. I believe Chaney will be making these as an option to his grill line. I cooked on it this evening and WOW it was absolutely amazing. So much fun. Not only was I cooking, but I was drinking beers next to a fire at the same time. I stopped at the local wood lot to pick up some Red Oak and fired it up for some Tri Tip.

WOW Mike persistence pays off and you now have your Santa Maria grill. A great lookin' addition and a super looking meal. I'll have to start working on my little woman :LOL:

The corn is comming form a local produce stand out here lf you come down this way i'll pm you the address. My usual dealer is all dried up. I'll let you talk to Chaney on the price since I believe he gave me a smoken deal. I don't even know if he made a profit. Once again a way cool dude. I'm going to ask him if he could build a 22.5 in round version for a kettle. It might be tough but he would clean up with sales.

p.s. Lew the bottom frame is 1 in square pipe not angle iron so it won't warp.

Tri Tip said:
The corn is comming form a local produce stand out here lf you come down this way i'll pm you the address. My usual dealer is all dried up. I'll let you talk to Chaney on the price since I believe he gave me a smoken deal. I don't even know if he made a profit. Once again a way cool dude. I'm going to ask him if he could build a 22.5 in round version for a kettle. It might be tough but he would clean up with sales.

If he makes one for the kettle, I'll take the first one.

Vermin999 said:
Tri Tip said:

If he makes one for the kettle, I'll take the first one.

I'll let you know what he says.

Hi, i have a question for you
where did you get the red oak wood?
thanks!

p.s. I just bought a grill from Chaney

kendall blackburn said:
Hi, i have a question for you
where did you get the red oak wood?
thanks!

p.s. I just bought a grill from Chaney

They got all kinds of wood for fire and cooking. It's way inexpensive. This is what I like fits perfect in the grill. It's mostly Red Oak wiht some Live Oak and White Oak. They got small logs for cooking in almost every flavor also.

http://www.woodhillfirewood.com/

Back
Top Bottom