that brisket did what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
john pen said:
Its very disheartening when your meat starts to go the other way..Ive had it happen....

John is on a roll today!!! [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif]

Did you check your fire! :D

Just trying to throw out an obvious reason for the drop in temps.

Good luck, never had one do that!

brian j said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":3rwgvrm6]Did you check your fire! :D
the first column is pit temp so i think the fire was fine.

it's back up to 167 now. it just took 5 hours to get there. :LOL:
i bet this will be one will be ready in the high 180's or low 190's.[/quote:3rwgvrm6]

Don't count on it Brian. I had a grease fire fry the temp probe on my Stoker. It's still stuck in the 271 range.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="john pen":1gb6akkk]Its very disheartening when your meat starts to go the other way..Ive had it happen....

John is on a roll today!!! [smilie=a_movinggreen.gif][/quote:1gb6akkk]

You try to help out with a comment to let a fellow Q'r now he's not alone in his delima, and there are alway's those that feel the need to drag it down to a new level...cchhheeeezzzz..now I know how Puff feels...

I've had it happen...but I dont' have the data to correlate with you...I spilled a beer on the piece of paper I was writting on :D ...No seriously...I've seen it...first time makes you want to shake your head

I have seen this before, not sure I have seen that much of a drop. The meat was in the stall (over 160 internal) and we know as connective tissue breaksdown it releases moisture. If you have enough connective tissue breaking down at that time the release of moisture can lower meat temp, normally 2 to 3 degrees is what you will see.

My .02 would be to wait it out. The stall is normal, I've had a couple that dropped. Makes a guy wonder WTF? Just another mystery of Q :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom