Thanksgiving spread at TK's(Gumbo pic added)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
This year for Thanksgiving we smoked two turkeys and fried two. The darker birds in the pics are the fried ones. Also smoked a couple of turkey breast and another whole turkey(which I did not get a pic of)that weighed 23.35 pounds. Smoked the birds with pecan wood and seasoned with a dry rub. Had 32 people at the house for lunch. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

surfinsapo said:
Nice stuff you have there TK. Now make some gumbo!! ;)
SS that is a tradition my wife has done for 20 plus years. The day after Thanksgiving she takes the leftover carcaus from the smoked and fried turkeys, pulls the meat and makes a gumbo. Ate me two big bowls of gumbo last night and man was it good.

Good job TK. Now you speak of that mix n match deal on fried smoked etc. I got to tell my old story yet again. Well heeled chum having over a good sized crowd one year so he decided to run some science. He smoked one..fried one..and cooked the other on the Rotess of his gas grill. The eaters overwhelming chose the one which had been Rottessed on the propane. Whut lesson could a person learn about this? On the ones you did was the guests and yourself mo impressed with smoked or fried? Shame you couldnt have Rotessed one:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Good job TK. Now you speak of that mix n match deal on fried smoked etc. I got to tell my old story yet again. Well heeled chum having over a good sized crowd one year so he decided to run some science. He smoked one..fried one..and cooked the other on the Rotess of his gas grill. The eaters overwhelming chose the one which had been Rottessed on the propane. Whut lesson could a person learn about this? On the ones you did was the guests and yourself mo impressed with smoked or fried? Shame you couldnt have Rotessed one:)

bigwheel
Our famlies jump on the fried ones first. I inject them with a well seasoned solution and coat with Tony's and let sit in the fridge all day them fry. But the past two years the smoked ones have been as good as I have ever smoked. I think that has to do with the new smoker. The two breast and the 23 pounder was for my bosses families and I have request right now for 6 hams and 8 turkeys for Christmas. Told them I would do um but they had to furnish the meat. What do yall think I should charge to just smoke the meat? I was thinking 20-25 dollars for customers not my bosses(free) :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom