tennessee red

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not a big fan...too thick and sweet for me, but again, I'm hardcore
Eastern North Carolina. It's very very popular with most folks.
I cut mine with vinegar and add mo pepper. Not that I'm ordering any more of it, but I won't put it down...just not my style.

Jim, the tennessee red is totaly diffrent from Bill's regular sauce. I don't think your talking about the same sauce. I have to cut Bill's origonal sauce too. But the tennessee red is a whole diffrent deal.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Jim, the tennessee red is totaly diffrent from Bill's regular sauce. I don't think your talking about the same sauce. I have to cut Bill's origonal sauce too. But the tennessee red is a whole diffrent deal.

nope, got em both (got 1 free!)
just not my style

I just got my first bottle a few weeks ago. I cooked some butts last weekend, and put 3 sauces on the table. Blues Hog, Tennessee Red, and a sauce from Nebraska called Sweet Peppers. Everyone agreed that the Tennessee Red tasted great on Pork. Brian

Brian,
for some the original is too thick and too sweet for their palate. For others, the Tennessee red is too runny and vinegar-y. I suggest 1/2 Tenn Red 1/2 Original. It cuts the sweetness and thickness and goes great together. I learned that from a local comp q'r that uses the stuff on all his turn-ins.

I've been getting gallons for $8 from the manufacturer who USE to make the sauce. Evidently Blues Hog has a different manufacturer but the old supplier, who is located in my area, has some gallons left over for $8 bones each. Let's just say I picked up a few ;)

Captain Morgan said:
not a big fan...too thick and sweet for me .... It's very very popular with most folks.
This could be me talking about my first-time use of SBR (on spares last week).

Captain Morgan said:
I'm hardcore Eastern North Carolina.... I cut mine with vinegar and add mo pepper.
Cappy, as a vinegar-pepper kind of guy, what bottled sauces do you like for glazing ribs?

--John 8)

John, I do use a thicker sauce on ribs, almost all of us
vinegar guys do. I like Sonny's kicked up with some heat (Larry says it
tastes like Kraft.. :oops: ) most often.

Some times I'll put the Rev Marvin/honey combo on em too.

ScottyDaQ said:
SteerCrazy said:
.... Evidently Blues Hog has a different manufacturer but the old supplier, who is located in my area, has some gallons left over for $8 bones each. Let's just say I picked up a few ;)

Care to share the love? :LOL:

I'll see what they got left down there. If they do I'll pick up some for ya

Back
Top Bottom