Sweet Paprika?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've heard, the paprikas are pretty similar.
Now authentic Hugarian is supposedly hot like cayenne,
but I've never seen it like that. And my spanish paprika
doesn't really taste sweet, just milder than Hungarian,
from what I've heard.

I think you could use what you have just fine unless the recipe
is really relying on the sweet parpika to sweeten the dish.

Craw, if you have a Polish market out there in Iowa, that's where I get it from. It's called "Papryka Slodka".

Well a person could write several libraries of books about whut I dont know about the stuff..but that aint never stopped me from joining a conversation of course:) Best I can tell Spanish Paprika is some low grade stuff used generally for color (now not to get cornfusing here cuz there is exceptions to this rule and there is some high dollar paprika which come from Spain out there in the world..they also some snobbish stuff which come from sunny CA but I aint never seen it only heard tell about it.) And the price is somewhut dependent on how bright it is..they call it the AST color..and it goes by a scale. The higher the number the brighter red it is. Some big dawg chili cooks pay out the coola to get the highest number to make there bowl of red brighter (and it also included in many chili powders to brighten it up) than the competition. They also biotch if the judging is held in a dark beer joint where the color cant be seen that well. Now kindly dont axe me how I know this:) To provide flavor supposedly the Hungarian genre got some and is considered more of flavoring agent as opposed to just providing color. Hot Hungarian Paprika is generally thought to be regular old Hungarian Paprika to which caynenne peppa has been added to heat it up a bit. Sweet Hungarian Paprika nearly got to be the regular old Hungarian version to which the cayenne aint been added I think. Whew..thats all I know. We need to lure Joe Ames over here to give the true poop.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom