Surprise!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Max1

Head Chef
I have a big surprise for everyone, mostly me though. I know I built up some hype here. Sorry there are no pictures yet, but there will be lots tomorrow..... Here is a guess, your cure it, smoke, then cook it. It's good by itself, with other things including rabbit food......

So I leave you in BW capable hands until tomorrow. HA!

Damn brah, you hit is spot on, I will not be smoking it until tomorrow. But I hope to be eating a few slices before I lay the smoke to it. I got almost 9 pounds of pork belly for $20, and the kicker was that the bacon that they had in the case was $5.99lb. So I almost got triple the amount, and I get to have the bacon I want too. Pics will follow in a day or 2.

Dang..sounds like you cut a fat hawg in the coola on that deal,,to coin a phrase from my youth. I aint never even see no raw bellies for sale anywhere at anytime that I can recall. One of the more kewlish cooking shows on TV have Chefs using it occasionally. I forget what they were doing with it right now. Seems like stuffing it or a roll up deal. Congrats on some fine eating and smart chopping. Bet Matha Stewart could not have found bellies any cheaper than that.

The only thing was that there were froze when I bought them, but they they were vacuum sealed so I did not have to plow them off. :p

Well I got them all smoked up, gonna post up some pictures tomorrow, I have been helping my buddy move for the past 2 days, DAMNNNNN am I tired.

I feel your pain on the moving deal. Only thing I hate worse than helping somebody else move is moving myself. That is where an acute Buddy shortage comes in handy. I give lessons to folks on how to not make friends easily. Let me know if you want to take the course. Let us know how the BLT's come out. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom