sundays cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another superb job there Chris!!! Did you take a sip of that beer before you put it in the chicken? :!:

Nick Prochilo said:
Looks great Chris! What didn't you care for with the ribs? How long were they on for and how long was the bird on for?

The ribs were on for about 5 hours I also opened the pit a few times to mist them. The bird was on for about 4 1/2 hours I pulled it round 160 in the brest and brought it to 165 on the gasser.

Chris

chris1237 said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Looks great Chris! What didn't you care for with the ribs? How long were they on for and how long was the bird on for?

The ribs were on for about 5 hours I also opened the pit a few times to mist them. The bird was on for about 4 1/2 hours I pulled it round 160 in the brest and brought it to 165 on the gasser.

Chris

Chris,
For what it's worth, don't mist, leave the ribs, butt, brisket, etc. alone while it's cooking...........I know some/many will disagree with me but try it once and see if you like the way your Q turns out.

Larry Wolfe said:
chris1237 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":37tprqdg]Looks great Chris! What didn't you care for with the ribs? How long were they on for and how long was the bird on for?

Chris

Chris,
For what it's worth, don't mist, leave the ribs, butt, brisket, etc. alone while it's cooking...........I know some/many will disagree with me but try it once and see if you like the way your Q turns out.[/quote:37tprqdg]

Larry I never mist butts or briskets. IMO all of the fat on them keeps them moist. Next time I am going to try not misting the ribs.
thanks for the tip,
Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom