Sunday Smoked St. Louis Ribs and Smoked King Salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
Last week I was gone all week on business and came home to an empty fridge. The wife had a very busy week as well and no shopping was done; :shock:
So I pulled some King Salmon pieces out of the freezer and brined them up with a dry brine of kosher salt, garlic, brown sugar and chipotle powder. Let that sit over night in the fridge and get all happy. :D :D :D I also had a few beers from the great state of Alaska too :D :D :D

The next morning I was going to play 9-holes of golf with Toby, but woke up at around 2:00 am with horrble Montazuma's revenge; I passed on the golf.

So I decided to throw a couple of racks of St Louis style spare ribs on the WSM 22" with the salmon and sit down and watch the Masters Golf.

I soaked some mesquite chips in a bottle of Scotch Whiskey :D

I smoked the salmon for about 1 hour at 225* and let the ribs go for about 5 hours; they were perfect!!!
I served with saffron brown rice and green beans.

Fish looks great, but those ribs are awsome. Very nice smoke ring, very nice look'n ribs. Thanks for the pix.

Smokey Lew said:
The ribs look absolutely perfect. No exposed bone, great color and nice smoke ring. The only thing that looks troubling is the J&B in that try of chips. :cry:
Sorry Lew; I have about 8 of those bottles and I was trying to reduce my inventory. :P

Sorry you missed golf Timmy it was beautiful out. Great looking ribs and fish and if you need to get rid of more inventory I'll take it :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom